PI radiator fan shroud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI radiator fan shroud?

Looking for depth dimensions of PI fan shrouds used on boxs AND THICKNESS OF RADIATOR CORE its used on.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

like how far into the engine bay it goes from the radiator? And including the electric fan motor?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

tHE OLD 87ISH BOXS DIDNT HAVE ELECTRIC FANS. This capital button and my funky fingers dont get along

Comment

oh... you mean the "police" boxes. I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same for 351 and 302 boxes since the water pump mounts in exactly the same position, relative to everything else. I'm not sure if the rad core was twice as thick or only 1.75x thicker for the HD setups, but you can fit a 3-row radiator with the stock shroud no problem. It's tight, but it fits. Don't remember who shoved one of those in though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

As far as I know, Box fan shrouds 351 or 302 PI or not PI are all the same.

Comment

i BELIEVE TRAILER TOWING PACKAGE WOULD BE THE SAME AS pi. I know the fan is different had one and cant find it. Had several shrouds thought a couple of them were thinner one again cant find any of them.

Comment

The fan clutch is different. And possibly the water pump. The fan itself should be the same.

Comment

The shrouds are definitely different, I know I have a few of each hiding somewhere. I'll see if I can find them tomorrow.
                Never noticed any difference in the fan.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The fan clutch and fan are different for pi / trailer tow, think the pi /trailer tow fan has 7 blades.

Comment

now that you mention that... I think I remember seeing that somewhere now. Already knew about the clutch for sure though.

Comment

My 91 has a 5 blade fan but bolted a 7 blade fan from a 95 F350. The fan shroud mounting holes are not the same, because I tried to bolt up a 90 town car fan shroud and it would not just bolt up. But would have bolted up to a 89 town car.

Comment

FWIW. I put a cop radiator in my 89. I kept the original non-cop shroud but I had to trim it. I basically cut off the whole "cylindrical" snout portion of the shroud. It kept the gap between the shroud and the fan about the same as it was with the non-cop radiator.

Comment

Where did you get this cop radiator? (cop shocks, cop tires, cop motor......)
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The american made 3 row HD/COP RAD ARE ABOUT 2" THICK. tHE ASIAN made 3 core ones are about 1.5 inches thick. Differance is the tube dia. Some are even claiming one new 1 row HDs improved rad is equal to 3 row.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              Where did you get this cop radiator? (cop shocks, cop tires, cop motor......)
                              Autozone.

Comment

Working...
                              X