No announcement yet.

PI radiator fan shroud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my 82 police fan shroud (with 5.8L) the top measure 5.25" deep, it slims down on the sides to 4.5"

Mine came with a 2 core copper rad originally, i replaced it with an aftermarket 3 core, this measures a hair over 1.5" i can tell you it is considerably thicker than the stock 2 core. However the tank dimensions are the same, and outer supports, so the shroud sits in exactly the same spot.

I have a 5 blade fan.

I hope this help you Turbo
    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 11-05-2015, 06:44 PM.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      On my 82 police fan shroud (with 5.8L) the top measure 5.25" deep, it slims down on the sides to 4.5"

Mine came with a 2 core copper rad originally, i replaced it with an aftermarket 3 core, this measures a hair over 1.5" i can tell you it is considerably thicker than the stock 2 core. However the tank dimensions are the same, and outer supports, so the shroud sits in exactly the same spot.

I have a 5 blade fan.

I hope this help you Turbo
      Have to check it out
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by dd345 View Post
        My 91 has a 5 blade fan but bolted a 7 blade fan from a 95 F350.
        Was that fan from the 95 F350 with the 351 c.i. V8? Did you you the standard Crown Vic fan clutch with that fan?

Comment

dIMS ON THE STD SHROUD ARE ABOUT 1" deeper than PI/trailer tow

Comment

Originally posted by RobertB View Post
            Was that fan from the 95 F350 with the 351 c.i. V8? Did you you the standard Crown Vic fan clutch with that fan?
            It was a 5.8 truck, my F150 with the with the 5.8 has the 7 blade also. I used the crown vic fan clutch, and had to drill new holes in the fan, but i am thinking of getting a truck water pump and using the truck fan clutch. and see how that works.

Comment

Some w/p s have different bolt boss heights which can screw with fead mounting pulley alignment some have different bolt position to the timing change cover.

Comment

My '82 had Class-II trailer tow which got you a 3-core radiator in that year. Don't have measurements for you since that car is sold.
                Most noticeable difference in the fan shrouds to my later two-core non trailer non PI boxes is the top of the shroud. '82 trailer was flat on the round part nearest the engine. Others cars have an extension on the top that doesn't make it lay flat if you were to lay it flat on the engine side. Not sure if that makes sense. See pics below:
                1982 trailer tow (best pic I have)

1988 non trailer non PI (best I have handy)
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                X