My Ford LTD Crown Victoria.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Ford LTD Crown Victoria.

Hey guys, My Ltd have just got on the road again after been sitting from 1998.
    Loads of work done, But there is always something u can do to make it better.
    here are the results after 7 months of Rust cutting and welding.

Made new floor front and rear, New trunk floor, sides in the top had some rust, had to cut and wield, rear fenders cut and wielded near bumper, all 4 doors needed fixing at bottom,hood and trunk needed some grinding , replaced right front fender. Engine and trans taken out, and tunnel grinded down to bear metal and primered and painted. undercarriage grinded,primered and painted after floor was welded in.

Bought another 302 who was recently rebuilt, with 4bbledelbrock, gt40's and cam dur 218/228 0.471 lift.
    Changed Filter and oil on trans, Works great.

Everything new in steering such as tie rods inner and outer, ball joints upper and lower, springs front. etc..
    everything new in Breaks, master cylinder, disks, pads, break lines front and back etc..

and finaly.. filler primer and paint..

Here are few pics i took ..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1303141Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1303142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1303143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0459.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1303144Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0605.jpg
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1303145Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1303146Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1303147Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0827.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	1303148Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1086.jpg
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1303149Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1303150

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1278270Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1278271Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1238.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1278272Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1278273Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1242.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1278274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1278275

Comment

That is really chill.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Haha i dont get the meaning of the word Chill , But i take it as cool And thank you very much. im pretty happy with it And to top that, its the only Crown vic in iceland

Comment

Wow! She came a long way from when you got her. Love how these look without all that trim on the wheel wells, rocker panels, windshields, and outer doors. Very low profile, perfect for a street machine. My '89 is like that.

I applaud your effort to just keep going with the project.... all the custom fab work would've made me crazy. But she came out really, really, well. She looks like an old detective's car, especially with that fresh coat of dark blue paint! Wonder if your '84 will ever get the same treatment.
          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Hearsesrock427 Thank you very very much for kind words! The color is Standard Black btw thats just the Brightness in the pic.
            Shes stored in garage over the winter and is in good hands

Comment

That's a lot of work you've done! It looks great. I know driving a big american car in Iceland is expensive, too.

In this sense, 'chill' means very cool or interesting in a calm and relaxing way. A compliment for sure.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Very nice work, and cheers for going to all the trouble to have a bigass American sedan in Iceland. Even being as unassuming as it is, that car has to stand out. Pictures are awesome too, well done.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Talk about some dedication! Excellent work.

It's great to see a few people on here doing so much work to these cars on the other side of the Atlantic. They're so familiar over here that too many turn a blind eye to them now, but they have to be real head turners out your way!

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Nice work on keeping her alive. None of thats easy.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thank you very much guys! Many hours after work every night for months, Totally worth it

Comment

Good work!! My Sister went on a trip to Iceland back in June. She loved it there and wants to return
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow! Great work! Your car looks awesome!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

FANTASTIC WORK!!!!
                              It looks marvelous!!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X