No announcement yet.

1990 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The door has been repaired from the accident. Paint job is fine. Frankly the paint job on the car is not holding up well especially for sitting in a carport shaded. Something with prepwork I guess. Oh well, I'm not interested in putting additional money into paint work. It'll just have to do.

The brakes are not great. The rears lock up way too easily. It's not properly balanced like my prior 87 and 91s, nor my current 89. Something is wrong still. I've adjusted out - I don't get it.

I did put in some nicer leather seats I acquired. Just need to keep conditioning them. Black late build 1992 signature leather seats. So they have the armrests with storage And they have lights under them. Super nice seats considering they were junk. All the window regulators are working. Just need to spend a day installing remaining trim panels, and finishing touches (like new door card retainer push pins since the old plastic ones don't hold anything).

I also installed 4 Bilstein shocks on it. Also installed the rear air suspension back onto it - pump, bags, solenoids, etc. And i put a 21mm rear bar from a HPP. Definitely a firmer ride, but I do like it. The rear shocks were garbage - they compressed and don't seem to rebound. The fronts had 1 leaker and 1 ok shock.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

If you have rear disc's try Centric Posi-Quit Extended Wear pads.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I just completed a 2,900 mile adventure around Lake Erie - Ohio, Michigan, Ontario, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia. What a wonderful car. Its not quick - but it rides perfectly for a land badge, handles alright, and has all the creature comforts I care about.

Always fun to drive back up to Michigan and Ontario - its such a vastly different environment from South Carolina - terrain, people, etc.

All northern residents - I am very jealous of the fall yall get to experience. Never have i seen such beautiful colors on the trees. Here we have green, then dead/brown. Definitely need to get a lady friend to do a Great Lakes cruise one day...
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

Yah, I highly recommend doing a fall light house tour of Michigan. You can make detours and see stuff like the Sleeping Bear Dunes, Mackinaw Island, Traverse City and more.

That is what I like about those Lincolns. I feel a '90 is much more refined but albeit not as good looking as the body style before it. I'd love it they had a similar B-pillar & opera lamps like the box Townies had. Oh, and divorced side markers.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Very cool. I've been toying with the idea of grabbing a '90 townie. California cars had MAF too so i can do fuckery to it. Oh and the lady friend thing, don't rush into that. Ask me how i know...

Comment

I also forgot kishy drove the car around Windsor. He said it felt like it had tight steering - I don’t know well enough I guess.

Next year the route you mentioned - it needs to be in the agenda. Good idea Derek! Yea the 90 lost some of the Lincoln feel...but retained some too. It’s a neat progression to go from 1981 to 2011. Vastly different car yet some cues remained.
              -Nick M.
              Columbia, SC

Comment

Yes, that car feels as tight as it must have been when it was factory fresh. It has excellent road manners. That combined with the wind noise benefits of the aero body make me think I'll eventually own one, or live vicariously through a friend I can peer pressure into buying one.

Current driver: Ranger
                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  Very cool. I've been toying with the idea of grabbing a '90 townie. California cars had MAF too so i can do fuckery to it. Oh and the lady friend thing, don't rush into that. Ask me how i know...
                  Definitely don't rush it. I consider myself a very lucky fellow to have what I've got with Ashley. I couldn't imagine being with someone who didn't share in my addiction, I'd never see them!

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                  I also forgot kishy drove the car around Windsor. He said it felt like it had tight steering - I don’t know well enough I guess.

Next year the route you mentioned - it needs to be in the agenda. Good idea Derek! Yea the 90 lost some of the Lincoln feel...but retained some too. It’s a neat progression to go from 1981 to 2011. Vastly different car yet some cues remained.
                  You're welcome! I did that tour in my '69 Plymouth. Was fun and got some cool pics but that car was uncomfortable as sin. Hurt my back so bad it lingered for a week after and I had to get steroid injections. Ultimately why I sold it, as every time I went to drive it after that for say 20 minutes or more, I could feel twinges..

Yeah I'm in love with the interior refinements of the '90, without a doubt. When I was behind the wheel of yours and that one dudes purply '94, I couldn't have cared less about the exterior.

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                  Yes, that car feels as tight as it must have been when it was factory fresh. It has excellent road manners. That combined with the wind noise benefits of the aero body make me think I'll eventually own one, or live vicariously through a friend I can peer pressure into buying one.
                  That's another thing I like about those Townies. We drive my box Townie a lot (well, used to..) and the road noise was really irritating over 70mph. Not really noticeable at 65mph like we've taken to cruising at though. Bet the aeros are whisper quiet compared to the boxes. Not to mention easier and faster to wash. All the nooks & crannies of that beautiful box style have their caveats..
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                  X