1990 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    I've never understood why people don't get how multiple turn lanes work. If you're in the inside lane, you f'n stay there. Same if you're in the outside lane. Don't be swapping lanes in the middle of the turn.
    Considering some of the worst ranked drivers in the USA drice in Columbia SC with an average filing of a claim by an insured every 5-6 years...it's not surprising. I go early and leave early to avoid the stupid masses. You just can't escape stupid around here. Atlanta where I was born and raised was so different.

I loved driving in NYC. Even in traffic jams things kept moving. Down here it's a standstill of stupid.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Things move in NYC because you'd be killed if you didn't. One of the scariest vehicle experiences of my life is riding with a friend in Manhattan. Another was the trip across the Goethals bridge onto Staten Island. Driving in Chicago wasn't bad at all though. Their traffic signage sucks ass but the actual roadways are fine. If they'd put the signs for the crossroad at the intersection instead of in the middle of the damn thing where you can't read it until its too late to get into the proper lane it would actually be easy to navigate.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Interesting about the working details of Geico. Is Allstate any better? That's who I have.

Almost got rear ended in the 88 this morning. By a civic. I was glad I was driving that instead of a better car, but had a panic moment when I realized I hadn't yet swapped the good passenger tail light on it to the 90 yet.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Allstate is better.
          There's three different tiers for insurance companies...Tier 1 are big ones - AllState, State Farm, Nationwide etc.

Tier 2 are like the larger companies like American National, the larger farm bureaus, etc.

tier 3 are the tiny small town farm bureaus, small time companies.

Service and quality improve if you use the smaller name, but they typically are not as fast, fancy, or eloquent nor have the financial backing of a tier 1 or 2.

I use State Farm because they typically do a decent pay out to their insureds and are reasonable.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

Comment

So the 90 TC did a 2000+ mile trip to Detroit, Chicago and Nashville and back. Did the trip without missing a beat. Fuel pump is loud as heck, lol. We'll see how long it lasts.

While in Chicago, the car had a remote clicker installed - so in essence a 93-94 module was installed that controls the locks, interior illumination, etc. Cut out the power lock relay and tapped wires into the box. Did same on lighting. Wired in AutoLock as well as Panic.

So now my door keypad works (wiring was gone), remote clicker entry works (came on 93 (?) TC+), and I also installed the JBL Audio system. The woofer is in place. The correct 90-91 woofer Amp is in place. The JBL amp is in place (can use a 90-94). The elusive 90-91 AM/FM/CD silvery button JBL radio is in place.

Besides getting the damage to the vehicle fixed...Still need to install the rear air suspension back in (have the bags and o-rings, solenoids are sitting up top on the frame), finish wiring in the seats to have power recline and lumbar, finish wiring in the heated seats, finish wiring in the under seat illumation, paint and install the 4 way headrests (large ones), and paint/install the 93-94 Signature/Cartier center armrests (found some great condition gray ones, need to paint/stain black). Will be running power for the also included cell phone doc inside!!! Also plan to install the sunroof track that isn't bent. Also would like to hook up e-brake cables.

Really do love driving this car - it's one of my favorites. Not the fastest - but the most comfortable/manageable.

This is still o
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

Comment

I enjoyed seeing this Townie while it was up here in Detroit. It's in better shape than mine even with the damage.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Too bad we didn't get to race. I barely smoked kishy's '84 lol. It was funny that he was concerned about cops, we're so slow they wouldn't even notice haha.

Good to see you doing all that work to the '90. It's a sharp car. I want one of those too. I really like how Ford cleaned up the engine bay that year on boxes.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I pointed out the cop, him being in a foreign country and all I didn't think he wanted to deal with them. Also Oakland County Sheriffs have nothing better to do, and won't hesitate to pull you over for stupid shit that would be ignored anywhere else.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    Too bad we didn't get to race. I barely smoked kishy's '84 lol. It was funny that he was concerned about cops, we're so slow they wouldn't even notice haha.

Good to see you doing all that work to the '90. It's a sharp car. I want one of those too. I really like how Ford cleaned up the engine bay that year on boxes.
                    Given that I have 3.08 rear gears and CFI which everyone says is a useless dog, I'd say I did pretty damned well lol. The gap only widened (much) when I let off.

Current driver: Ranger
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

If you were barely outrunning a CFI car, I'd say you have problems. The 84 is the worse performing EEC-IV model too. 85's have noticeably more gumption, though they are still not a fireball by any stretch.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        If you were barely outrunning a CFI car, I'd say you have problems. The 84 is the worse performing EEC-IV model too. 85's have noticeably more gumption, though they are still not a fireball by any stretch.
                        85 Vic harness and ECM in my car, FWIW. Plus rusted out cats and open Y pipe.

Current driver: Ranger
                        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                        | 88 TC | 91 GM
                        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

Its the heads. The E5 heads flowed better than whatever was on the 84. D8 maybe? Not sure.

Comment

This car completed a 1200 mile round-trip to Pittsburgh and back. Not one issue with the car did have to talk to oil up at 10 but is it eases about half a quart of oil in 1500 miles. Carr continues to ride wonderfully for highway travel. Stereo sounds great Air-conditioning is ice cold. Very happy to have this car.
                            -Nick M.
                            Columbia, SC

Comment

I'm planning around pollen season to pull this car into the garage and start doing the interior work on it. Finish all the trim stuff. I drove it in 15F degree weather to work and back a couple of days. Did just fine. Love the ride. You hear about the potholes but hardly feel them.
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

Comment

Any updates?
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Colony Park - 5.0 V8/AOD - acquired from TecNickal
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X