PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1990 Lincoln Town Car

Southern

Hence why I typically drive the 03 Blue town car with 225k on it. NBD if it gets hit. Annoyance but no tears are shed.

The one day I drive something nice to work and ugh.

I do not take a right turn there anymore. I go a couple of streets up to a normal intersection and turn right.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I've never understood why people don't get how multiple turn lanes work. If you're in the inside lane, you f'n stay there. Same if you're in the outside lane. Don't be swapping lanes in the middle of the turn.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TecNickal View Post
    I do not take a right turn there anymore. I go a couple of streets up to a normal intersection and turn right.
    Although my drive to work is something like 8 miles via the shortest route, I prefer to take the 10 mile long route just because there is better traffic control/intersection layout. Not because I don't think I can do it, but because I know people are morons.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - I'll fix it eventually
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TecNickal View Post
    I've been past that intersection a few times. If I leave your place and were to drive to my aunt's house, I believe it's part of the route. I know I've gone through metro Columbia between those two points before. Those dual right turn lanes would be useful enough if it wasn't for the fact people are careless and swing wide like a 18 wheeler.

What's the plan since insurance is being a tightwad? Get the door repaired/replaced and painted?

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (320K Miles) - The Hideaway & April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold; Restoration Under Way
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (185K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 POTM Winner

Southern

I'm sending in documentation to GEICo to show them it's with more.. Doesn't bother me. If I have to go to small claims court so be it. I have all the time in the world

I also work in the insurance industry - I know how this game is played.

GEICO is one of the WORST carriers when it comes to handling claims. They are cheap cheap cheap asses. Nickel and dime body shops on misc stuff. Use subar quality aftermarket parts that other major carriers like Nationwide, State Farm etc won't touch. They like cheap.

They are a low cost provider. Their offices do not provide staff with pens, paper, coffee nada. Desk, chair, computer - that's it. You do get restrooms, water fountains, refrigerators, microwaves, and tables/chairs in break area. You bring the supplies whether napkins, coffee grounds, sugar or otherwise. I've been in their corporate offices. They suck. Wonder why it's called Goverment Employee Insurance COmpany

I don't think even the federal government is that cheap....

Southern

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    I've never understood why people don't get how multiple turn lanes work. If you're in the inside lane, you f'n stay there. Same if you're in the outside lane. Don't be swapping lanes in the middle of the turn.
    Considering some of the worst ranked drivers in the USA drice in Columbia SC with an average filing of a claim by an insured every 5-6 years...it's not surprising. I go early and leave early to avoid the stupid masses. You just can't escape stupid around here. Atlanta where I was born and raised was so different.

I loved driving in NYC. Even in traffic jams things kept moving. Down here it's a standstill of stupid.

Things move in NYC because you'd be killed if you didn't. One of the scariest vehicle experiences of my life is riding with a friend in Manhattan. Another was the trip across the Goethals bridge onto Staten Island. Driving in Chicago wasn't bad at all though. Their traffic signage sucks ass but the actual roadways are fine. If they'd put the signs for the crossroad at the intersection instead of in the middle of the damn thing where you can't read it until its too late to get into the proper lane it would actually be easy to navigate.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Interesting about the working details of Geico. Is Allstate any better? That's who I have.

Almost got rear ended in the 88 this morning. By a civic. I was glad I was driving that instead of a better car, but had a panic moment when I realized I hadn't yet swapped the good passenger tail light on it to the 90 yet.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - yard ornament (save me please)
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Southern

Allstate is better.
    There's three different tiers for insurance companies...Tier 1 are big ones - AllState, State Farm, Nationwide etc.

Tier 2 are like the larger companies like American National, the larger farm bureaus, etc.

tier 3 are the tiny small town farm bureaus, small time companies.

Service and quality improve if you use the smaller name, but they typically are not as fast, fancy, or eloquent nor have the financial backing of a tier 1 or 2.

I use State Farm because they typically do a decent pay out to their insureds and are reasonable.

Southern

So the 90 TC did a 2000+ mile trip to Detroit, Chicago and Nashville and back. Did the trip without missing a beat. Fuel pump is loud as heck, lol. We'll see how long it lasts.

While in Chicago, the car had a remote clicker installed - so in essence a 93-94 module was installed that controls the locks, interior illumination, etc. Cut out the power lock relay and tapped wires into the box. Did same on lighting. Wired in AutoLock as well as Panic.

So now my door keypad works (wiring was gone), remote clicker entry works (came on 93 (?) TC+), and I also installed the JBL Audio system. The woofer is in place. The correct 90-91 woofer Amp is in place. The JBL amp is in place (can use a 90-94). The elusive 90-91 AM/FM/CD silvery button JBL radio is in place.

Besides getting the damage to the vehicle fixed...Still need to install the rear air suspension back in (have the bags and o-rings, solenoids are sitting up top on the frame), finish wiring in the seats to have power recline and lumbar, finish wiring in the heated seats, finish wiring in the under seat illumation, paint and install the 4 way headrests (large ones), and paint/install the 93-94 Signature/Cartier center armrests (found some great condition gray ones, need to paint/stain black). Will be running power for the also included cell phone doc inside!!! Also plan to install the sunroof track that isn't bent. Also would like to hook up e-brake cables.

Really do love driving this car - it's one of my favorites. Not the fastest - but the most comfortable/manageable.

This is still o
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

1966 Ford Country Squire - 6.4L 390 2bbl/C6 - ~85K miles
    1989 Mercury Colony Park LS - 302 V8- 188K miles.
    1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 302 V8- 102K miles.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series 3x - (42K, 79K-totaled, 222k)

I enjoyed seeing this Townie while it was up here in Detroit. It's in better shape than mine even with the damage.
    Vic

Gone but not forgotten:

Too bad we didn't get to race. I barely smoked kishy's '84 lol. It was funny that he was concerned about cops, we're so slow they wouldn't even notice haha.

Good to see you doing all that work to the '90. It's a sharp car. I want one of those too. I really like how Ford cleaned up the engine bay that year on boxes.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I pointed out the cop, him being in a foreign country and all I didn't think he wanted to deal with them. Also Oakland County Sheriffs have nothing better to do, and won't hesitate to pull you over for stupid shit that would be ignored anywhere else.
    Vic

Gone but not forgotten:

formerly blkpnthr

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Too bad we didn't get to race. I barely smoked kishy's '84 lol. It was funny that he was concerned about cops, we're so slow they wouldn't even notice haha.

Good to see you doing all that work to the '90. It's a sharp car. I want one of those too. I really like how Ford cleaned up the engine bay that year on boxes.
    Given that I have 3.08 rear gears and CFI which everyone says is a useless dog, I'd say I did pretty damned well lol. The gap only widened (much) when I let off.

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM

If you were barely outrunning a CFI car, I'd say you have problems. The 84 is the worse performing EEC-IV model too. 85's have noticeably more gumption, though they are still not a fireball by any stretch.

formerly blkpnthr

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    If you were barely outrunning a CFI car, I'd say you have problems. The 84 is the worse performing EEC-IV model too. 85's have noticeably more gumption, though they are still not a fireball by any stretch.
    85 Vic harness and ECM in my car, FWIW. Plus rusted out cats and open Y pipe.

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM

Its the heads. The E5 heads flowed better than whatever was on the 84. D8 maybe? Not sure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456