Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1280851Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4580.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	1280852
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Drove the 90 down to Charleston SC and back for my Mom's Bday. Did a couple of hundred miles with no problem. Received a couple of Thumbs up from passing drivers, one was an undercover State Trooper in a black Crown Vic (not really undercover if a Vic...).

Since weather was beautiful went ahead and did a few things. Replaced the airbag module next to the PCM. Fixed the hood latch so the hood is more flush (after adjusting the bump stops). Then removed the trunk contents (no carpets have been in it for a long time) and removed all the tail lights and rear reflector bad. Found 5 water leaks from people stripping out or removing the stud. And the tail light driver side pass through hole was bent inward. Hammer, screw driver, and touch of black spray paint made it level and look better.

Used a donor light bar to install new studs. Then used 3M Drip Check and smothered every passing hole in the stuff and let the studs for the lights and reflector bar pass through and get coated. Then buzzed the nuts back on. Notched a piece of old weather stripping to fill a cap on the trunk gasket since it shrunk with age. Also found some random nuts/bolts and reattached the chrome piece under the reflector bar that always falls off on these cars since they are plastic welded it on. I removed an end cap on the chrome piece and used a screw driver to chisel out each old broken off plastic stud. Then slammed 3 80s ford power window motor bolts inside and drilled three holes in the reflector a bit. Then installed the chrome piece on, put some nuts on the back that fit and called it good. I'll water test it after work tomorrow. If all good, I'll reinstall the trunk carpeting.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

Comment

Good work as usual Nick!

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Looking good man! I love 90 TC's... Got everything I'd want except they don't have opera lights or divorced side marker assemblies. No mod motor & neater engine bay are pluses too.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice car. Those were a real "transition" car in that it looked new but still had the 5.0 before the mod-motor-madness started. 1990 TC's may be worth more than other years for that reason someday.
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

'90s are cheap as chips around here and there seem to be a shitload of them available too. I've thought for a while I should grab one and maybe I will. Your car is gorgeous Nick.

Comment

Agreed, super clean car!
                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  '90s are cheap as chips around here and there seem to be a shitload of them available too. I've thought for a while I should grab one and maybe I will. Your car is gorgeous Nick.
                  Do it brotha! I eye them daily!

Comment

I watched a mint 90 Cartier without a moonroof - blue on blue with 160k or so needing valve cover gaskets go for $900 on eBay. Listed in Virginia. 2 owner car.

I also fixed the loss of vacuum issue on HVAC. I left the vacuum lines for the blower motor shut off uncapped. Jammed a screw in white line and holds vacuum now.

Today I'm disassembling the black Signature seats to swap over power recline and lumbar. Also installing power heated seat function aftermarket from a Dorman kit tmrw.
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

Comment

Would you mind taking some pics of those mechanisms? I'm especially interested in trying to fit the lumbar to my 80s Signature seats.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sure will!

I am having fuel pump troubles I believe. Pump whine is changing pitch. Have a Ford NOS 90 Lincoln town car one at home. If I have the gasket to go with it, I will replace it soon and swap over the sending unit.

Didn't work on seats last night so will do so tonight.
                        -Nick M.
                        Columbia, SC

Comment

I got the seats installed a couple of weeks ago into the Town Car. Finally. OMG these things are A+. Love them. Pictures to follow.

gadget here are the pictures you were requesting of the seat back with the power lumbar/recline.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5372.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1281586Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5371.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1281587

The car has developed a HELL of a pull. Let go of the wheel, and wheeee off we go into the ditch. So need to figure out what's going on with that.

I did get most of the trans leaks fixed, it just needed some new seals around the shifter lever...but now the seal/bushing for tailshaft is leaking.

Installed dorman heated seat pads so those should be nice too! Just need to wire up.

Have JBL factory CD player for a 90-91 Lincoln to install as well as the JBL amp. Speakers too.

Still have the loud noisy fuel pump haha.

Took it to a car show a couple weeks ago. Just display only - got some attention. I love driving that car - something about it. Even though it is kinda slow...
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

Comment

I'd love to have a 1990 with ABS, JBL, digidash and the pillowed velour seats. Since Ashley is now pantherless maybe that's what we'll look for. Although she's damn near dead set on finding a nice '90-'92 Mark VII LSC or Bill Blass

Comment

There's. A 90 in canton Ohio at a Ford dealer. Mint blue on blue Signature with velour. No jBL but could be added. I think I saw ABS. Not even 100k...
                              http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...5D%5D%5B%5D%5D
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

Comment

Cool, thanks. Wonder if there is some practical way of doing the lumbar without the power recline, ideally within my original seat frame. Mayhap that will be a junkyard experiment day, see if I can extract the parts and open up an 80s seat to see whats inside.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Comment

Working...
                                X