No announcement yet.

1990 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could definitely just add lumbar. The power feed for lumbar and recline come through the same power wire - Ford taps right off of it.

Heck the seat frame design for a 90-94 Sig looks a lot like one from a late 80s Sig.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Probably is. Honestly I could probably be happy just adding some foam down there in the lower area. Its got that hunchback little old lady thing going on and it starts to bother me after a while if I don't fold up a towel or something to keep me from slouching.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not terrible but with my eyes it was a neglected car that a dealer spiffed up and has a bit too much crust for $3,000..

So the 90's got seats with power lumbar adjust or was that an option?
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

It was an option on 90-94 Signature and standard on Cartier.
          If the car had the memory seat option (seen next to door handle), then the car also had power lumbar and power recline.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

Comment

Duude.. Now that's another requirement for my '90 should I ever get one.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The air pump is not sounding healthy. I may change the belt out for a shorter one after work. Driving it to Atlanta tmrw - don't want it to lock up.

Hope my catylitic converters will
              Be ok without the airpump. I thought I read they can get clogged up easily without airpump.

The factory cats are still in place on this car. All four!
              -Nick M.
              Columbia, SC

Comment

I've always heard they're clog easier, especially on an aged engine, without the air pump. Don't know the validity of that.

Do you need the cats for emissions? Maybe look into getting rid of them entirely or replacing with a high flow cat if you don't like the smell of uncatted exhaust.

I'd run the current cats until they go though.

Have a safe trip!

George
                1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

If you only make short drives (under 20 minutes), cats can get clogged up. But if you drive an hour somewhere at least once every other month... you're good. I've had no pump on my 88 for at least 5 years now and have had no issues with my cats and I don't even make the "long" drive that often.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah my smog pump on the old '90 sounded like it was full of marbles so I ran a short belt. I scarcely ever drive long trips but do try to get the car at least well-warmed up. On a road trip you'll be fine.

Comment

Off comes the belt. My commute is 20-25 daily with mostly freeway except for a couple of miles.

Thanks for the information. I hope I can snake the belt past the alt/wp belt without removing tension like I did on the 87.
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

Comment

You'd have to roll the engine over or remove tension. No way you're going to get the rear belt off otherwise.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Ha yea.
                          Btw whoever posted that a k060563 works is wrong on a 90 TC whether over or under tensioner it's not got enough slack. Too short.
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

Comment

you have to REMOVE the set bolt on the tensioner to get the needed slack. Then once you have the belt over the lip, put the bolt back in and it'll fit.

Comment

I went and bought a 1" longer belt. It's tensioned to push up on belt.
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                                you have to REMOVE the set bolt on the tensioner to get the needed slack. Then once you have the belt over the lip, put the bolt back in and it'll fit.
                                Or muscle it on with 2 strong sets of hands, lol. After doing it once i'd buy the 1" longer belt. It was a total whore to get that bastard on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X