need 2002 one touch down module help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need 2002 one touch down module help

Does anyone know the location of the one touch down window module on a car with keyless entry?
    It's not behind the door panel and if it is, it's not blue.
    Could it be one of the three plugs on the keyless module?
    I suspect it would be the small one on the left.

Thanks!

I thought it was part of the keyless entry module??

Comment

Thats what I'm thinking, that it's part of the keyless module. But the keyless module has three plugs going into it.
      And I think it's the smaller plug on the left, the one with about 5/6 wires going into it. But maybe not?
      I hope someone that knows for sure can chime in.

Comment

yes. It is the driver door module/keyless entry module that controls that. The driver door window switch also feeds into that box as well as the keypad and a host of other crap. If the window works, but the one-touch doesn't, the module is to blame (or the connectors into it). Try unplugging and reseating the connectors into that box and within the door. Also, check to make sure that the ground wire from that module is secure (pin 4 and 15). Also check fuses (next to the battery - #7 and under the dash #28).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

What controls the "lock" function when you take the car out of Park and put it in drive? Should be input from a sensor on the drivers seat but where does it show up on the keyless entry module? Or does it??

Comment

I actually think that's the brake pedal. I think just tapping the brakes with all the doors shut will lock them (when you let up on the brake).

Also, there seems to be an error in the diagram compared to the pinouts I posted. Besides the fact that the keypad 7/8 and 9/0 are not listed, the pin 4 ground as shown on the diagrams is also missing.

bah. Sometimes I wonder if the folks writing these service manuals have any accountability.
            Last edited by sly; 10-05-2015, 04:32 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I think I understand now... the VSS - is typically grounded except in systems that use that signal for something. So I think it's just a misnomer. So pin 15 should be grounded (possibly nearby, possibly back under the dash with the other grounds) and pin 4 should ring out the the VSS- wire which may be grounded.

Comment

If operation is similar to the canbus cars, lock unlock is done by the programming in the DDM and acts on the vss signal that is on the ISO bus in this case.

Alex.

Comment

no data feed to it in this year. Just VSS- (no +) and brake.

Comment

Working...
                  X