I bought a box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a box!

Since you guys were smartasses on my thread, I figure I'd show you this awesome box I bought. Rust free, corners in good shape, came with a pitcher but I already started throwing food stuff in there as a way to keep it organized in my dorm.

Now here is the actual car. 124K, bought from the second owner. 1986 Grand Marquis. Went and had looked at a 97 vic that had sat for 8 months (ehhhhhh it was rough), an 87 TC that was parked for some reason (was missing the tv bushing) and a v6 foxbody (for the luls).

I have the hubcap in the trunk btw. The opera lights still light up, all interior lights work. I do need new headlights however.

Found this bitchin' sun visor in the trunk

This is the interior after a good vacuuming. I do have the original red floormats, they were sitting in the garage right at this moment.

I have installed premium sound 6x9's from my lincoln in the back and an aux cord headunit (red face as to not look too cheesy). It does need a tune up (like any car) and tires. She'll hopefully be ready to roll after this weekend. I do need to wash the exterior, but I'll get around to it.

Not bad. Love that popcorn, its yummy stuff.

The car doesn't suck either. I hope you paid extra for that sun visor. Thats the true value in this purchase.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good show old chap. Top ratings.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice! Congrats.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Any relation to Kilgore Trout?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I come from trout nobility. The trout follow my orders. If you aren't careful I will mobilize my army against you.

Now that everyone knows I have an army of trout waiting for my command, someone have spare black center caps? I have 2/4

Comment

Awesome! Nice and straight body.

Nice baby blue like color or is it white? lol

Wash, clay and get a couple coats of glaze on that paint and I am sure it will all shine right up for you. Compound before the glaze for extra nice finish.

Hows your drivers door behave? Looks like it drooped a bit by the hinges. But very very nice.

Weird that you dont have the grand marquis wood grained under door armrest panels?
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-06-2015, 05:48 PM.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Trout army? I'll bring the zatarain's, butter, and lemons.

I have black caps, but the flying M ones, not those fancy ones you need. Sorry.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Droops a lil bit. I just gotta pull up a tad while opening it. Frame is straight under it so no problems there. It's actually an off grey to my eye. I got some in the twilight because that was the only chance I got (spent several hours looking at cars not just the three above).

The vinyl top is pretty ratty at the top but I shall get a new one eventually. not bad enough for me to care, no rust (or minimal rust) under it though. Roof feels solid.

Comment

No door panel trim probably because it doesn't have the interior luxury group option. That upgraded your seats, put in more sound deadening and gave you those woodgrain trim things. My 85 didn't have them or the door lights so I added them later but it did have luxury group option. Must've been a Ferd vs Mercury thing. Sweet box though, Looks white to me and I love the red interior.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Can't see the pics but congrats! World needs more box owners.

Comment

Honestly not a big fan of woodgrain. Trim it looks fine...too much is too much. now if this was a 70s jag with real wood......

Anyways. so long term plans. E303 cam, HO heads/intake manifold/19 lb injectors/tune/throttle body/actual cai/shorties into h pipe

New vinyl top

Rebuilt aod w/shift kit. Maybe a ratchet shifter.

Suspensions?

Short term: center caps, tune up, tires, maybe a glasspack

Comment

I might go for better heads than the stock HO pieces. They just aren't that amazing. Explorer parts are considerably better, and probably easier to find at this point.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Look at that! Haven't seen a white with red pinstripes box in a long, long, time. She's super duper clean inside and out, nicer than even the minty two-tone '85 I'm buying next summer. Keep her out of the nasty stuff, and she'll last forever.
                            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
                              Honestly not a big fan of woodgrain. Trim it looks fine...too much is too much. now if this was a 70s jag with real wood......

Anyways. so long term plans. E303 cam, HO heads/intake manifold/19 lb injectors/tune/throttle body/actual cai/shorties into h pipe

Why the junk cam and junk heads?
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X