No announcement yet.

1962 Jeep (S-10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little research indicates a '72 Dart 225 is a 1bbl. Looks like that came out in '77.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

And crap, hell of a time to find a hard top for this thing (minus doors). $600 http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/5261325809.html Probably a hell of a deal but can't bring myself to spend that much money right now, dammit.

Texted the local guy in Barbertucky about the slant six, it IS a 225 but it sat for 30 years and they got it running five days ago then pulled it. Dad said, "Yeah, they probably didn't like what they heard when they got it running."
      Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 10-14-2015, 10:31 AM.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

They are a solid lifter engine, so they tend to be chattery. Often a valve lash adjustment shuts it up but if it sat that long and wasn't stored and re-lit properly its very likely the cylinders are toast. If it wasn't laid up with oil it would have rusted, and if it wasn't filled with oil and slowly rotated over to clean the rust off before lighting it, the rings would have gotten wiped out.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got the slant six with 3spd auto tranny but apparently I'd have to hack the firewall to make it fit. So after a bunch of searching, I ended up buying a 1967 period correct CJ5 frame with steering box (but no shaft or wheel), axles (Dana 44 rear & 30? 25? front whichever was better/correct). As soon as we get this put back together because it was all yanked apart and the guy bought new spring bushings and stuff, I'm going to get a 1981 Iron Duke that's attached to a T-5 with transfer case out of a military jeep or something. It's been sitting for two years or so, but it's complete. Gotta Por 15 the frame and get everything together, then mount the springs & axles then I'll worry about driveshafts and body reattaching. I wanted to do it quick and dirty, but it'll take just a little more money to do it right and I've always got the option of changing the bell housing on that T-5 to drop a TurboCoupe/XR4ti motor in later (I found one for $800, but more if I want the intercooler & ECU).
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
          X