This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherstrip and dew wipe sources

This thread is for all the rubber bits that keep the rain out.

Post your findings in this thread. We'll try to keep the list in the first post updated.

Trunk weatherstrip: Metro Moulded IS-TK 66 http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Moulded-...dp/B0072GV0CM/

Window dew wipe: Fairchild 13694X2 http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/fai...per+seal,12406

Window channel: Metro Moulded WC3396 https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/me...+channel,12412
    Alternate: https://metrommp.com/flocked_glass_run_channel_wc_3396/
    Better: Fairchild F1001: (OBS F150/bronco/vans) https://www.amazon.com/Fairchild-Aut.../dp/B01D1Q1YX6

Possible door to body weather seal replacement: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-20708AE-PR/...-Exact-Ford-Re
    If anyone uses this, please post if it's actually a good replacement.
    Door weather strip (universal) for boxes (does not have the flap like aero/whale): Fairchild KF3005 https://www.amazon.com/Fairchild-Aut...dp/B01D1Q5D5G/

Wagon tailgate dew wipe info: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post856881
    Requires a little modification, but works great.

Weatherstrip OEM fitment source:https://www.steelerubber.com/
    Last edited by sly; 09-14-2023, 03:28 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Useful info and a great idea to put it all in one place!

Comment

Please limit posts to this thread to information about new/additional sources or existing sources disappearing.

All other posts will be deleted/moved.

Thank you, drive through.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

sly, you're the man. Been thinking about replacing the trunk weatherstripping for a while now- there's a gap in the middle where the latch is. Never had water in the trunk, but I'd rather not let it get to that point. That, coupled with all the rain we've been having recently prompted the purchase. New window channels and dew wipes too!
        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

For trunk weatherstrip I went to a junkyard and grabbed a weatherstrip off a newer Suburban. It's longer than box strip. Trimmed it to fit, worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Window dew wipe: ...
            Alternate: https://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s.../FAI13694.html
            Can confirm after receiving product from APW, that "FAI13694" is quantity 1, 48" length of the correct dew wipe material.
            Also this vendor has coupon codes out there, so don't just pull the trigger without investigating that first.

The price also dropped from $26.46 to $18.59 following my purchase, so...you're welcome?
            Last edited by kishy; 06-24-2018, 10:02 AM.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Does that material come with the staples, or do you know of a source for them?

Same question for the clips that stake into it to actually hold the seal and trim piece in place on the door?
              Last edited by gadget73; 06-24-2018, 03:52 PM.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

FYI RockAuto has finally restocked WC 33-96 window channel (search WC3396). It's currently 18USD each (WC style 33, 96" length section). Don't forget to use a 5%-off code.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Does that material come with the staples, or do you know of a source for them?

Same question for the clips that stake into it to actually hold the seal and trim piece in place on the door?
                Missed this. Bare material only, no hardware at all. I do not know a source for adequate hardware.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Updated the links in the first post to include RA for window channel.

Comment

Got a cool email this morning...dew wipe is back in stock at RockAuto after many months of not being so. Fairchild must still be making the stuff. Existing link in OP is still valid.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Window channel: https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/me...+channel,12412

I wonder if this one is good for the door frame channel or the vent black channel that is a little bit smaller.
                      Last edited by sly; 08-29-2018, 07:48 PM. Reason: fixed link
                      1987 Colony Park LS wagon
                      1988 Grand marquis LS sedan

Comment

The dew wipes on my CP are rubber outside and felt inside the window glass. Do you guys use the same, i.e. rubber, for both sides? There is no felt, I suppose, or we havenīt found it yet?

On the channels, mine again are (or the remains look like) rubber outside and felt inside. Plus, the gap in the middle is like 1/3rd inside, 2/3rds outside the glass (refer to picture, to the left of chrome trim). The recommended replacement rather is 50/50?

Regards, Alex

sigpic

Comment

I hope itīs ok to ask this question here, if not move it:

On my CP I have another moulding/weather strip (or rather the bone-dry remains) in the front doors:

This photo is tilted 90° to the left. It shows the "A-Pillar part" of the passenger door. The moulding runs from the vertical part into the horizontal part and then is broken off or maybe the seal or whatever it is just stops there.

This is NOT the door weatherstrip. It rather looks like a wind deflector or sound deadener or body-to-door seal or something to make the vehicle quieter inside. It is so dried up and brittle I canīt even tell if itīs plastic or rubber. Since itīs a Mercury it may well be that CVs donīt have it.

Does anybody know what this is and where to get replcement?
                          Regards, Alex

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by colonel328 View Post
                            I hope itīs ok to ask this question here, if not move it:

On my CP I have another moulding/weather strip (or rather the bone-dry remains) in the front doors:

This photo is tilted 90° to the left. It shows the "A-Pillar part" of the passenger door. The moulding runs from the vertical part into the horizontal part and then is broken off or maybe the seal or whatever it is just stops there.

This is NOT the door weatherstrip. It rather looks like a wind deflector or sound deadener or body-to-door seal or something to make the vehicle quieter inside. It is so dried up and brittle I canīt even tell if itīs plastic or rubber. Since itīs a Mercury it may well be that CVs donīt have it.

Does anybody know what this is and where to get replcement?
                            All mercs and cv boxes had that piece of weatherstripping that runs along the metal trim. It looks like quite a specific piece. I have not looked for a replacement before. They all seem t be brittle and hard as a rock.

For the dew wipes the ones I installed were rubber outside and felt inside. Same for the window channel weatherstripping.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Are those the ones mentioned in the first post?
                              Regards, Alex

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X