PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weatherstrip and dew wipe sources

V8 addict and rescuer of unsaleable Full Sizes

I measured around the window, about 62“ visible. The channel is 96“ out of the box. Does the rest go down the window slides that you don’t see unless the door panel is off? I believe I read one 96“ piece per front door.

V8 addict and rescuer of unsaleable Full Sizes

Oh, just realized: when I said "felt inside, rubber outside" I didnīt mean inside/outside of the part, that was clear to me. I meant inside/outside of the window, so 1/3 of the channel sits on the outside of the window and is rubber, 2/3s sit on the inside of the window and that material is felt.
    Regards, Alex

More goes down into the doors. Nothing is a direct fit. It all had to be made to fit.

Pretty sure when new the inside (where the window slides up and down in) was felt. The outside portion of it now looks like rubber because the weather took it’s toll on the material.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Has anyone used the Fox Body weatherstripping from LMR? Allegedly it is a reproduction of the later style 1993 seals and works for all of the Fox Bodies, seems to be a decent price at $40/pair. It appears to be cut long, so they might be long enough for our applications.
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-20708AE-PR/...-Exact-Ford-Re

Here is the PN from LMR LRS-20708AE-PR

Quote Originally Posted by kellen302 View Post
    Has anyone used the Fox Body weatherstripping from LMR? Allegedly it is a reproduction of the later style 1993 seals and works for all of the Fox Bodies, seems to be a decent price at $40/pair. It appears to be cut long, so they might be long enough for our applications.

Here is the PN from LMR LRS-20708AE-PR
    No. I haven’t. Nice find. May work well for the four door cars. Would need two kits I’d imagine.

Unsure if the length would cover the two doors.

Seems worth a try if needing it. Sucks they don’t have a molded corner for the upper parts of the door. Easy to get around it though. Just cut the back side and leave the bubble seal untouched.
    ~David~

Nice find. Added to the top post as a possible option.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Has anyone figured out a replacement for the dew wipes on the tailgate window for Wagons? Or is it the same stuff?

Just put on the weatherstrip from Late Model Restoration. PN LRS-20708AE-PR (There is a version for $10 cheaper, but quality matters on rubber parts)
    Worked great, trimmed about 12-18" off of the length when doing the front doors! OEM quality, minor kink at the top corner but I'm sure you could fix that with a little heat. The video for installation from LMR is for a fox body, but all of the steps are the same. The only change is some of the screw locations for the trim. I didn't take the trim pieces out, just loosened them and was careful not to hit them with the mallet as I worked my way around. A bit of simple green works great to slide the weatherstrip around and clean up the 30 years of dust/dirt/pine needles/pollen.
    This is a 1.5 Beer job per pair of doors.
    Last edited by kellen302; 05-15-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Just to confirm this is the door to body weatherstripping correct?

Good to hear if so. Pics would be greatly appreciated.
    ~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

1.5 beers meaning you consume 1/2, dump the 1/2 that got warm, then open a fresh one after finishing? Seems to be how it works for me.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200515_194948.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	54159

Name:	20200515_194942.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	54160

Name:	20200515_195015.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	54161

Pics are of the new seal installed and a cross sectional picture. As best I can tell, they have the same cross section as the OEM seals were when they left Canada or whatever truck plant your Panther came out of.
    That link is the same one I used, I usually put part numbers in my own notes because they can be tracked over several years of different supplier changes and revisions in case certain versions go obsolete or websites change. 1.5 Beers means you get to pound the last 1/2 when you finish. Then go for a long quarantine walk before any test drives to check for wind noise. Wind Noise was dramatically reduced, but mine were in pretty bad shape with daylight showing through.
    Note; your doors will take a good hard close with the fresh seals, particularly if you adjusted the strikers since it was new. They will ease up as the seals break in over the first few days based on my previous experience with this type of seal.

Awesome man. Looks great.
    ~David~

Does anyone have a source for the interior dew wipe?
    Looks like it has the chrome piece molded into it?
    I am talking to bobbyward on ebay right now about getting a set, but I think most of his stuff is for fox bodies.

Also, if anyone has a good set of wagon weatherstripping it looks like he does some high quality reproductions and can get stuff made if he has a set to start with. Mine are pretty trashed otherwise I would send them.

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonel328 View Post
    I hope itīs ok to ask this question here, if not move it:

On my CP I have another moulding/weather strip (or rather the bone-dry remains) in the front doors:

This photo is tilted 90° to the left. It shows the "A-Pillar part" of the passenger door. The moulding runs from the vertical part into the horizontal part and then is broken off or maybe the seal or whatever it is just stops there.

This is NOT the door weatherstrip. It rather looks like a wind deflector or sound deadener or body-to-door seal or something to make the vehicle quieter inside. It is so dried up and brittle I canīt even tell if itīs plastic or rubber. Since itīs a Mercury it may well be that CVs donīt have it.

Does anybody know what this is and where to get replcement?
    I believe that this is for extra deflection of water and possibly wind noise reduction.

As we head into the season of perpetual rain here in the NW, I'll ask again, does anyone know of a source for the interior dew wipe with the chrome edge? I've checked a number of suppliers but they all seem to be a little too small.

I only know of folks using the dew wipe strips and very carefully removing the old and cracked ones and putting the new strips in place.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12