Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressor kicking on?

Welcome to Friday everyone!

Got a question: Why is my A/C compressor kicking on in the floor or mix positions? TBL must've crapped out since the floor isn't working anymore but I assume the compressor will kick on in that position too. I know it should kick on in defrost but not bilevel/mix right?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

The recent puddle in my driveway indicated the A/C was on for Floor/Defrost.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

AC compressor kicks on whenever window vents are involved so mix and defrost kick it on. Not sure about panel vent mode. Creamy i installed a extra switch hooked to switch that activates the AC other cars just unplug it at the compressor for the winter. However I turn the AC on at least once a month to help keep the seals good and splash some oil around.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

if it kicks on in floor position, then the controller is probably borked in the dash. Mix however is normal.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

"Borked." LoL. Thanks fellas, I suppose dis be normal then. Bargh. I don't want my stupid compressor kicking on in mix, that be me favorite position in the winter. Might have to do switch thing or just unplug the compressor. Floor position gave up, last year it worked but A/C didn't have a charge. TBL must've shit the bed. Oh well. I have no idea why Ford did that anyway, only for the floor position. I can see locking heat out until the car reaches a certain temp but not on one position.

Comment

jump the wires going to the TBL and floor should work again.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Slymer, that's the plan.

Comment

Working...
              X