No announcement yet.

Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Mercury sure is basic Almost identical to the Standard Ford ltd as far as the interior and lack of chrome trim. Decent price. Hope it does not go to derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      That Mercury sure is basic Almost identical to the Standard Ford ltd as far as the interior and lack of chrome trim. Decent price. Hope it does not go to derby.
      Agreed. It has almost identical interior as my LTD just slightly different dash. Hope it goes to a good home too. Looks a bit dirty but overall not in bad shape.
      Last edited by slack; 07-19-2022, 01:25 AM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
        Have any Ontario guys come across a 90-91 Vic or Marq at the wreckers recently? Been looking for some parts but nothing local.
        88-89 Ford has turned up in Detroit. Not sure what you were/are after, but exterior bits would be the same. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post867831

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
          88-89 Ford has turned up in Detroit. Not sure what you were/are after, but exterior bits would be the same. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post867831
          Thanks but that's an 8 hour round trip away for me. A bit further than I was wanting to go.

Comment

Nothing new around here that I've seen. If you are desperate give Coreys (here in London) a call about what they got. I don't go to them because they think everything is rare and expensive, but if I absolutely need something, I will go there as they are a large yard and also pay out a bit more for used cars than the other guys.

Comment

1984 Ltd Crown Victoria 2 door

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...rce=ios_socialClick image for larger version

Name:	C8B637FC-CD6B-4B1B-876A-2593BC8065DC.png
Views:	1
Size:	695.5 KB
ID:	1290547

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                Nothing new around here that I've seen. If you are desperate give Coreys (here in London) a call about what they got. I don't go to them because they think everything is rare and expensive, but if I absolutely need something, I will go there as they are a large yard and also pay out a bit more for used cars than the other guys.
                It's interesting that you mention Corey. I was there a few years back when they were huge. I remember a pretty good selection of older cars so I took a trip down there earlier this year. Low and behold the yard has been cut down in less than half. All the old cars are gone and they only kept newer stuff. Such a shame as it was a nice yard for older cars.

Comment

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ion/1627595339

Comment

Bah, drives me nuts when they only upload one photo. Looks damn nice for the price though. I thought Diamond Jubilee was something done only with Lincolns?
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What derby money up there now? That seems close. Looks like a decent ride.

Diamond Jubilee was 1978 here in the US. I guess a year later in Canada since Google tells me they started in 1904 instead of 1903.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        What derby money up there now? That seems close. Looks like a decent ride.

Diamond Jubilee was 1978 here in the US. I guess a year later in Canada since Google tells me they started in 1904 instead of 1903.
                        CAD:
                        1000 - guaranteed derby purchase if the frame is solid.
                        1500 - pretty close to guaranteed derby purchase if the body is solid.
                        2000 - they'll buy it if it's super solid and are actively trying to find a car in that category, or if they know there is interest in raffling a car in that category.

Raffling is sorta common with the derby folks, e.g. 30 spots at 100 bucks per person.

Yes, Ford of Canada was distinct from Ford, but obviously very closely associated. Geographically, most of Ford's early history was in Windsor, which while in a different country, is a 20 minute (or so) drive from Dearborn. Granted, at that time, there was no bridge or tunnel across the Detroit River yet.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

Nice LTD-S.
                          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...kms/1636291145

Comment

That is a nice base model. Surprised it has cruise, A/C and rear defrost along with the bumper rub strips. Was it painted before? Can't remember paint being on the strikers..
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That is a beauty!

Notice the tubes going into the air filter lid. Is that the VV carb then? Thought that would only be on a 351w, but eyeballing the engine looks too narrow so I was thinking a 302. I've been wrong on that front before though!

If it is a 302, did they get the VV carb too?
                              ************************************************** ******************************
                              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                              1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                              http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                                That is a beauty!

Notice the tubes going into the air filter lid. Is that the VV carb then? Thought that would only be on a 351w, but eyeballing the engine looks too narrow so I was thinking a 302. I've been wrong on that front before though!

If it is a 302, did they get the VV carb too?
                                302 in Canada in very early years (I believe only 79-81ish) does have a VV, but I think it's a less complicated variant of the VV than the 351 got (not 100% sure on this but I do know there were multiple models of those carbs). I've looked at a '79 302 car before and noted that it did not have any type of ECU which you do find on a 351 car...at least newer ones.

The Canada-only, no-frills, factory installed traditional 2bbl thing comes in for 83 for sure, and maybe 82, until the arrival of SEFI for 86.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X