PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Cars in Ontario

fomoco panthers !

That Mercury sure is basic Almost identical to the Standard Ford ltd as far as the interior and lack of chrome trim. Decent price. Hope it does not go to derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    That Mercury sure is basic Almost identical to the Standard Ford ltd as far as the interior and lack of chrome trim. Decent price. Hope it does not go to derby.
    Agreed. It has almost identical interior as my LTD just slightly different dash. Hope it goes to a good home too. Looks a bit dirty but overall not in bad shape.
    Last edited by slack; 07-19-2022 at 01:25 AM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

all the CFI are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Have any Ontario guys come across a 90-91 Vic or Marq at the wreckers recently? Been looking for some parts but nothing local.
    88-89 Ford has turned up in Detroit. Not sure what you were/are after, but exterior bits would be the same. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post867831

Current drivers: 84 TC | 85 CS
    Panthers, Parked: 83 GM 2dr | 86 GM | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 05 Focus
    RIP: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | Junkyards

Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by kishy View Post
    88-89 Ford has turned up in Detroit. Not sure what you were/are after, but exterior bits would be the same. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post867831
    Thanks but that's an 8 hour round trip away for me. A bit further than I was wanting to go.

Nothing new around here that I've seen. If you are desperate give Coreys (here in London) a call about what they got. I don't go to them because they think everything is rare and expensive, but if I absolutely need something, I will go there as they are a large yard and also pay out a bit more for used cars than the other guys.

Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Guy View Post
    Nothing new around here that I've seen. If you are desperate give Coreys (here in London) a call about what they got. I don't go to them because they think everything is rare and expensive, but if I absolutely need something, I will go there as they are a large yard and also pay out a bit more for used cars than the other guys.
    It's interesting that you mention Corey. I was there a few years back when they were huge. I remember a pretty good selection of older cars so I took a trip down there earlier this year. Low and behold the yard has been cut down in less than half. All the old cars are gone and they only kept newer stuff. Such a shame as it was a nice yard for older cars.

Bah, drives me nuts when they only upload one photo. Looks damn nice for the price though. I thought Diamond Jubilee was something done only with Lincolns?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

What derby money up there now? That seems close. Looks like a decent ride.

Diamond Jubilee was 1978 here in the US. I guess a year later in Canada since Google tells me they started in 1904 instead of 1903.

all the CFI are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    What derby money up there now? That seems close. Looks like a decent ride.

Diamond Jubilee was 1978 here in the US. I guess a year later in Canada since Google tells me they started in 1904 instead of 1903.
    CAD:
    1000 - guaranteed derby purchase if the frame is solid.
    1500 - pretty close to guaranteed derby purchase if the body is solid.
    2000 - they'll buy it if it's super solid and are actively trying to find a car in that category, or if they know there is interest in raffling a car in that category.

Raffling is sorta common with the derby folks, e.g. 30 spots at 100 bucks per person.

Yes, Ford of Canada was distinct from Ford, but obviously very closely associated. Geographically, most of Ford's early history was in Windsor, which while in a different country, is a 20 minute (or so) drive from Dearborn. Granted, at that time, there was no bridge or tunnel across the Detroit River yet.

Current drivers: 84 TC | 85 CS
    Panthers, Parked: 83 GM 2dr | 86 GM | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 05 Focus
    RIP: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | Junkyards

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334