• Show
Clear All

1999 CV HPP with some gnarly pipes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1289852
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Oh, someone has treated that '99 CV to some rust inhibiter. Wonder if it was Krown and if it was kept up/applied each year? 124K miles and under $2k USD, that could be a great deal.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
        It has not sold, he keeps fighting with Facebook auto-marking it sold. And it is one listing including the 3 vehicles together.

He's feeling out all the people contacting him (25 in the first few hours of the posting apparently) and rejecting everyone with any type of ties to the demo derby world, so that's kinda cool. I've helped him with a few names to avoid. His asking price is pretty much spot on the nose exactly what derby people are happy to pay currently and if they're solid underneath as he claims, they'll go fast if he doesn't care who buys em.
        I am beginning to doubt that he is actually serious about selling. He set a specific date for viewing of the cars and acts like he is sitting on a gold mine. I'd like to buy the steel side wagon but this guy is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          I am beginning to doubt that he is actually serious about selling. He set a specific date for viewing of the cars and acts like he is sitting on a gold mine. I'd like to buy the steel side wagon but this guy is a pain in the ass to deal with.
          Not surprised, but it's possible he's not recognizing your interest as serious or from the right intentions. I dunno. Have briefly met the guy, have never dealt with him beyond that.

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

It makes me wary when I see the inside of the car with junk all over the floor, seats. In my opinion, anyone who takes care of their vehicle doesn't allow that. If someone takes pictures without cleaning up the car, It shows they don't care.

Comment

I agree with that. I may let dust accumulate on them without a cover, but I'll never store stuff on top of them or inside them.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

In the context of private sales only:

Cleaning the car is my job as the buyer. If the seller has dressed it up neat and tidy, I see that as an attempt to deceive me about how the car has been cared for, because most normal people do not keep their car free of random clutter in the course of normal day-to-day use.

Show me it in the state it's lived its whole life, not how you want me to see it.

Current driver: Ranger
                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

In the context of private sales only:

Cleaning the car is my job as the buyer. If the seller has dressed it up neat and tidy, I see that as an attempt to deceive me about how the car has been cared for, because most normal people do not keep their car free of random clutter in the course of normal day-to-day use.

Show me it in the state it's lived its whole life, not how you want me to see it.
                  I'd consider there's a difference between clean and dressed up. Cleaning the car is just common courtesy, but getting it detailed could have bullshit some bullshit attached, if it's a private sale.
                  Atleast pick the trash and personal items and maybe even a quick vacuum.
                  1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                  1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Isn't there an old saying, "A clean car sells"? WagonMan
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park
                    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I am the exact opposite of Kishy. If I am looking at a vehicle and it is dirty, not vacuumed, and full of personal junk it makes me wonder what kind of effort was put into routine maintenance. I will 9 times out of 10 walk away. Put SOME effort in to making it look like you cared about the vehicle. The guy selling the 3 cars together I would approach totally differently. He is dealing with, and trying to move on with something his Dad had, and what he did. Yeah, the old owner treated it like a storage unit. It is what it is, and part of the package. I would not criticize the seller for it.

Comment

..because most normal people do not keep their car free of random clutter in the course of normal day-to-day use.

Guess I'm not normal then. I never keep random stuff in my cars, what's in them pertains to what is required to drive them. If at the end of the day it isn't needed any more, out it comes. It's one thing to keep a blanket or spare change of clothes in the trunk, but people who have like McDonalds bags and misc trash in the car just make me wonder.

I'm with Stid, make some sort of effort. A polished turd is still a turd, a scum bucket will just look like a cleaned scum bucket. Unless money is invested, there is no amount of cleaner or polish which would hide miss matched tires, big carpet stains or ghetto fabulous wiring and other farmer type repairs that a vehicle I'd pass on would have.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Dont have kids, they singlehandedly will transform any ride into a stale fresh fry haven.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                            Dont have kids, they singlehandedly will transform any ride into a stale fresh fry haven.
                            I second this. Same thing in the house.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I have to agree with kids liking to trash a vehicle. I have a cure for that. Get the kids out and clean and detail the car every week, and then inspect it. It won't take long until the kids have respect for the vehicle, themselves and the parents.

When I used to buy cars, I would always check the trunk. If the trunk is neat and clean or looks like new, I could generally know that the car was taken care of. The other thing I check for the maintenance records. Big thick files with everything documented will seal the deal.

Comment

I have kid... my vehicles are still as clean as ever. Clean up after the kid... don't let the kid have stuff that will forever embed itself into materials... works like a charm.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X