No announcement yet.

Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting into "tax refund season" so all prices are meth head high.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Getting into "tax refund season" so all prices are meth head high.
      Not necessarily. Considering I keep an eye on the same listings Sean does (this is also where I live), it's a regional problem. Everyone in Ontario south of Toronto thinks they've got gold, regardless of what it is, and if it's old enough to have chrome bumpers and has no visible rust the price automatically goes north of $3k. Clean underbody in addition to that sends it north of $4k and claimed low mileage puts it at $5. Bunch of crazies.

I could see asking $2500 for a rough-around-the-edges Mark VI, but unless he's willing to let at least a thousand off that number in negotiations I don't see the car selling. 2 types of people shopping for a Mark VI: someone who wants it perfect, minty, factory fresh and willing to pay an obscene amount for it, or the guy who's willing to accept the defects but is not going to be taken for a ride on the price. Of course we don't know how rough that one is, because the pics are super limited, but we can see the turn signals are missing so that's already not factory minty perfect.
      Last edited by kishy; 01-20-2018, 10:49 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

well... then tis the season for the high as a kite crowd to get that much higher.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I went and looked at the $5000 wagon today. That thing belongs in a junkyard. It's crusty as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            I went and looked at the $5000 wagon today. That thing belongs in a junkyard. It's crusty as fuck.

You let them have it or what?

Today I went and checked out a 1986 mustang vert with a condition description of "like new" with a price of 9500. Thing was a total pile. red flags everywhere. Told him this thing is nowhere even close to like new. Doesn't phase oblivious owners. Dreamers.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              You let them have it or what?

Today I went and checked out a 1986 mustang vert with a condition description of "like new" with a price of 9500. Thing was a total pile. red flags everywhere. Told him this thing is nowhere even close to like new. Doesn't phase oblivious owners. Dreamers.
              Cute girl selling it so I spared her.

Comment

Thank you for saying "as fuck" instead of "AF or af."
                Cute girl selling it so I spared her.
                Oldest sales trick in the book. "I don't know much about it..."
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  Thank you for saying "as fuck" instead of "AF or af."

Oldest sales trick in the book. "I don't know much about it..."
                  Probably hoping some dumb guy shows up and goes BEWBIES! and throws money at her.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Yup, that would be my guess too. Next in line is, "I'm selling it for a friend."

Comment

[QUOTE=kishy;809592]Not necessarily. Considering I keep an eye on the same listings Sean does (this is also where I live), it's a regional problem. Everyone in Ontario south of Toronto thinks they've got gold, regardless of what it is, QUOTE]

Also every 302 has 360 hp. Sigh.
                      ************************************************** ******************************
                      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Minty fresh '80 Mk VI 2dr has appeared in Lasalle, ON. Appears to be a non-VV car as the MCU is not present.

Price (12k) is a little optimistic, but it does look like a clean car.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...-vi/1329830840

https://i.imgur.com/hhorzPL.jpg
                        https://i.imgur.com/4cGscbB.jpg
                        https://i.imgur.com/FsCyH0T.jpg
                        https://i.imgur.com/nT6oTft.jpg

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

I like the early panthers but have a contact allergy to them. Turd fueling system/engines, common ground audio system, early AOD's mean to me that unless I plan on putting a nice one in my living room as a conversation piece, they're just not realistic/sensible for me to own. This one doesn't even have a passenger side mirror! Not to mention it wasn't optioned with the nice alloys, illuminated entry, premium sound or opera lamps. Cheapskate. PASS!

Comment

Another Lincoln.
                            https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true

Comment

This is down near me, 79 LTD Landau, 302 with the VV, 3speed, triple grey on 14s. Full vinyl roof in questionable condition with some obvious rusting beneath. Manual locks and windows. Body and underneath seem to be solid but have surface rust in spots. Door edges pretty clean, little bit of surface rust. Runs/drives/stops. Has the cool early hood ornament and the Landau lighted emblems on the C-pillars. It also has "that" bumper...centre plate mount, with grilles, without the moldings, with the bumperettes.

His bottom dollar is $1500, won't go any lower apparently, and "as he works on it the price will go up". I wouldn't pay it, but I'm swimming in cars and also cheap, so...

If interested shoot me a PM. I will then message the guy I know, who knows the guy who owns it. These are my pics from seeing it in person, but I don't know the seller and never met him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1283004 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-02.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1283003 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-03.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1283002 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-06.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1282999 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-07.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1282998 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-08.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1282997 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-09.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1282996 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-10.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1282995 Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-11.jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1283001Click image for larger version

Name:	79ltdlandau-12.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1283000

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                              | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                              X