Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slack View Post
    Wow. That frame hole is impressive. Is that piece of metal just welded on the rot as a "hope this holds it together" patch?
    I'd say it was welded on to solid metal ahead of and behind the rust, but exactly how solid it is...hard to say. There are no door-fender gap issues so it seems to me the upper half of the frame rail must be fully intact, and the lower half is of course absent, then patched. It's probably "fine" structurally but my concern with it is that it can very quickly become "very not fine" if the welds let go, and while I am not any sort of knowledgeable welder, those don't look like quality welds to me.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

That thing will never pass safety with swiss cheese frame like that.

Comment

Any one ever look at this one (it doesnt look to good) https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...ce=sh%2Fx%2Fim

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
          Any one ever look at this one (it doesnt look to good) https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...ce=sh%2Fx%2Fim
          Hmm...I believe that's been posted in this thread before. That's roughly a half hour further travel time than what I just did to go see that '80 Town Car, which was in London lol (Ilderton is right adjacent to London).

Can't remember why I told myself I didn't wanna do that, but there was a reason. I'll talk to my buddy and see if he wants to go that route.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

lol hope fully the frame is in better shape than the town car

Comment

Mmm roof rot. I can taste the iron oxide from here, yummy.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If anyone is interested in a 1986 grey on grey Grand Marquis with flawless frame and very good but not perfect body for about $1k, please get in touch. Car is in Windsor. Runs, drives and stops. Perfect dash pad. Needs tires before it can roll on its own again. Front bumper has rust peeking through the chrome, rear is good. Package tray behind rear seat is absent as was either moisture or sun damaged, I forget which. Only body issues are minor paint issues and some rust by one of the cornering lamps, as far as I know so far.

A contact of mine saved it from the crusher and intended to put it on the road, but has run into a financial situation and needs to sell it. I am buying it pending availability of storage at another friend's house to save it from the derby. Seller is mostly connected to derby people and is trying to get me to save it from them, because if he sells it to anyone else, it will go to that fate. However if I can't line up a buyer it'll be a moot point having saved it.
                Last edited by kishy; 06-15-2019, 10:03 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

This thing keeps popping up.
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                    Certainly looks good for the price.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

1989 slick top. Looks pretty bare bones with crank windows.
                      https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true

Nice looking 83'.

Comment

So slick topped cars still got a piece of trim at the bottom of the C pillar? Looks wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          So slick topped cars still got a piece of trim at the bottom of the C pillar? Looks wrong.
                          On 88-91 only, yes. I think it’s the same trim as the 88-91 vinyl cars. I looked at using it when I slicktopped my ‘82 but didn’t feel like moving the mounting holes.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Good on ya, wouldn't have looked right to me. The way Mr. Bean's car looks in his sig is slick. If I had a slick top car, I'd want that look.

Comment

I agree the the slick top looks better with trim removed.

I wonder if that one pic on the '83 trunk lip is because they have the beginnings of the same trunk rot that I just repatched. My seam sealer failed in that same location.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Another box.

Comment

Working...
                                X