Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...rce=ios_social

Comment

Everything but the chevy part of it is neato.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah, it's akin to seeing a '32 Ford or whatever with a tree-fiddy in it. Like "Oh boy, yet another one." You can sort out the oil pan woes...
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Dang, the ad is gone. What was it?

Comment

It was a beige 1985 Crown Vic 4 door that is sitting on a 2008 crown vic frame. Ls swapped and he replaced the ford emblems with the chevy bowtie.

Comment

3-box Combo Deal for $3500 in Essex (near Windsor): https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5291050736346/

Includes 1980 Ford wagon, 1988 Ford wagon (no vinyl wood), and 1988 Ford sedan

Click image for larger version

Name:	essex3boxesfs_88wagon2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1289619Click image for larger version

Name:	essex3boxesfs_88wagon1.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1289620Click image for larger version

Name:	essex3boxesfs_88sedan.jpg
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1289621Click image for larger version

Name:	essex3boxesfs_80wagon.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1289622

Current driver: Ranger
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

That ad is all you!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's a hella deal.

Comment

The silver and black one looks like the only driver... the sedan looks like it may rot in half soon if not over the next speed bump and the woody is either holding all the parts or has no rear suspension left.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not sure I agree with that assessment sly. The sedan looks straight to my eyes but does seem oddly weatherbeaten as I think single stage paint was gone from these by that year.

The woody is on flat tires and that's about how my wagon sits with 100lbs or so behind the axle, if we account for the lack of tire sidewall. I believe that car is a storage shed for plane parts currently.

I am willing to assist an out-of-region and extremely realistically interested potential buyer by being your eyes, maybe do a Skype call or whatever looking at the cars. I've had previous contact with the seller at a car show and he told me he had these (months ago), but I lost his info so never got in touch. Plus I really don't need more.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

Steel side wagon shows "SOLD". WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park
                        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

It has not sold, he keeps fighting with Facebook auto-marking it sold. And it is one listing including the 3 vehicles together.

He's feeling out all the people contacting him (25 in the first few hours of the posting apparently) and rejecting everyone with any type of ties to the demo derby world, so that's kinda cool. I've helped him with a few names to avoid. His asking price is pretty much spot on the nose exactly what derby people are happy to pay currently and if they're solid underneath as he claims, they'll go fast if he doesn't care who buys em.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

On the sedan, I was looking at the rocker rot. It may be the dithering of the picture, but the rocker looks pretty bad. I was figuring on the woody being a shed currently.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

1990 MGM on kijiji

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1289835

Looks pretty ok!
                              ************************************************** ******************************
                              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
                              1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
                              http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                                1990 MGM on kijiji

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57274[/ATTACH]

Looks pretty ok!
                                That is the car previously, briefly owned by a friend of mine. I've seen it in person and it's a clean but not perfect car (I believe the fender arches are iffy under the aluminum). My friend bought it for $2400 or thereabouts, he sold it for $2800. As best I can tell he just didn't have the time to dedicate to one of these, as most of them need a fair bit of love when they move on to a new owner. There was nothing significantly wrong with the car. The odometer gears were toast, I don't recall if my friend rebuilt them or sold it before doing so. I had coached him on the needed parts and repair steps.

The new owner (who is the current seller) seems to have bought it strictly to flip it, it was listed all over the place for mid 4ks, then 4k, and evidently now 2900.

There is zero demand for these things locally, other than the derby crowd and me. I have a bunch of friends (the one who briefly owned this one) who want, but either cannot afford, don't have adequate room, or don't want to jump headfirst into the world of old car problems. With the way scrap is currently, if it comes under 2k, the derby guys will take it.
                                Last edited by kishy; 12-03-2021, 04:48 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X