Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah hah!

I never read the comments, usually ends up irritating me when I do with all the bullshit people say.

That full top wasn't ASC, was it? If that's the case, F it.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The full "factory option" (though I didn't realize such existed for the Fords) ragtop is a Haartz Cambria top installed by ASC. My 91 has the ASC sticker on it and that pictured roof sure looks like the same deal.

If, however, it was a dealer option (as it may be), it could have been whatever, installed by whoever the dealer sent their stuff to.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        I've seen the one you guys describe and show, I like it. Does that one actually light up?

The backside of the trim piece is see through. Guessing a 194 bulb or similar was used to illuminate it just behind the script.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I’ve seen two Ford boxes with B-pillar lights. One on the street, one in the junkyard. The junkyard was an 86. The street was an 83-87. Both were full vinyl tops, seemed factory type material not that clothy vinyl stuff I see on aftermarket installed tops.
          IIRC it was a different light than the Merc version. I think it was EL lighting. Oh yeah.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            The backside of the trim piece is see through. Guessing a 194 bulb or similar was used to illuminate it just behind the script.
            I saw one at a yard some time ago, can't remember if there was a socket behind it but I noticed it was indeed see through. I once had the passenger side interior trim off of my Town Car, the trim that has "Town Car" written in script. Looks like at one point they considered lighting that up as the black plastic behind it has a cavity and there's a witness mark(?) for where you could punch out a socket for a bulb. Sadly, no wiring, bulb or translucent frosted Town Car script to work with from the factory. Reason this is relevant and not a rambling is I find it peculiar how things get so far along yet stop just short of 100% execution. I would have liked an illuminated script...

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            I’ve seen two Ford boxes with B-pillar lights. One on the street, one in the junkyard. The junkyard was an 86. The street was an 83-87. Both were full vinyl tops, seemed factory type material not that clothy vinyl stuff I see on aftermarket installed tops.
            IIRC it was a different light than the Merc version. I think it was EL lighting. Oh yeah.
            I have yet to see one in person. It does look factory but kishy states his car says ASC on the door. I do like the look of the full roof on Ford/Mercury boxes and opera lights are swank. Always bothered me that Fords didn't get them.

Comment

Lowest mile aero I've ever seen (1992 MGM)... in my fav colour too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1284236
              ************************************************** ******************************
              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
              1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
              http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Very clean car. I don't like the 92s but this is worth the money.

Comment

Right. First (technically second year for the mod motor) year of the new body style. Get yourself some nasty valve seals with that deal though.

Comment

Nice looking 1989 CV

Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1284238
                    ************************************************** ******************************
                    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Right. First (technically second year for the mod motor) year of the new body style. Get yourself some nasty valve seals with that deal though.
                      Yeah, but $3k CAD, it's like $2280.58 USD. First question is, "Is it a 'bastard block?' Second question is, "Does it use oil." Third question is, "You got a spare Cobra 390hp 4.6 & 5-speed TR-3650 you want to throw in on the deal?"
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Decent looking hpp 1998 MGM.

Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1284241

2004 LSE

Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	1284242

Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1284243

Clean looking 1991 MGM... dual exhaust and turbines! My fav!!

Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1284244

Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	1284245

Comment

91 is especially nice. It even is undercoated. Nice new exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                            Yeah, but $3k CAD, it's like $2280.58 USD. First question is, "Is it a 'bastard block?' Second question is, "Does it use oil." Third question is, "You got a spare Cobra 390hp 4.6 & 5-speed TR-3650 you want to throw in on the deal?"
                            Never believe what they tell you about oil consumption or any other fluids for that matter haha. If it's low on the dip stick, assume it burns. You can always pull a plug or two to get a better idea. I might start doing that from now on as I'm tired of buying oil burners. Two engines I've consistently purchased which don't burn oil are Fords with the straight six and then the Lima 2.3. I bought one straight six truck that burned oil though. Guy said he put a new head gasket on but said he did it right away. THink he was full of shit. Another reason why I wont buy a car that needs a headgasket. Unless it was your own vehicle and you know for a fact you stopped driving it right away, chances are likely that they drove the piss out of it, over heated it and lubricated precious bearings & metal bits with ethylene glycol. Yikes.

Comment

Tudor Lincoln.
                              https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...car/1371096345

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                                If I were a substantially bigger idiot than I am, I'd be doing an incredibly stupid thing. Funny thing is I have all the parts to make that externally/cosmetically whole again, I have a set of Mark VI rear bits with the tail lights in them.

The bumper can be as extra-whatever as the seller wants it to be, it's still aluminum and considered unusable for derby purposes.

Current driver: Ranger
                                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X