Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple local ones:

1990 Grand Marquis for sale outside a repair shop in Windsor, Ontario. I have the contact info on-hand, contact me if you want it. It's private sale so I don't want to put their info here for all of eternity.

Whale Vic LX (06+ I believe?) at J&B Auto Recyclers in Windsor, Ontario. Looks to be pretty good, to me. If not sold whole I am sure it will go into the yard for parts. They are a full-serve yard and I believe participate on Car-Part.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Nice Medium Woodrose Metallic '90 MGM there. Looks to be out of my price range based on condition. The border still being closed doesn't help even if I could afford it.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

That silver Vic is 05'. Quarter panel one year only antenna is a giveaway.

Comment

Ah yes, I suppose that does make it an 05.
          The steering wheel and gigantic head restraints are what made me think it was newer.

They only want $1000 for it. Runs and drives, was driven to the yard.
          I'm going to go take a closer look at it.

I, of all people, do not need it. But that's really cheap and the body is pretty straight on it. A lot of what keeps me away from the newer cars is their incessant rusting doglegs and front fenders.
          Last edited by kishy; 10-14-2020, 05:21 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Here's another local Windsor box for sale, sent to me by a friend. I've seen this one around for a while. It's year-round driven, and it shows, wheel arches and rear quarters are a little rough.

As above I've got the info if someone wants it, but you'd be wise to try for that clean '90 first.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

What year is the crown vic, and how much are they looking to get for it? also how much for the 1990 grand marquis?

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
                What year is the crown vic, and how much are they looking to get for it? also how much for the 1990 grand marquis?
                I do not know the year of the Crown Vic. It seems to have a centre high mount stop lamp, so that would make it an 86-87. If it's older, it's still at least 83+. It will be carb or SEFI, if it was sold new in Canada.

I do not know the pricing, those would be questions for the people selling them...I have PM'd you their phone numbers.
                Last edited by kishy; 10-14-2020, 07:12 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Pm them to me, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                    Ah yes, I suppose that does make it an 05.
                    The steering wheel and gigantic head restraints are what made me think it was newer.

They only want $1000 for it. Runs and drives, was driven to the yard.
                    I'm going to go take a closer look at it.

I, of all people, do not need it. But that's really cheap and the body is pretty straight on it. A lot of what keeps me away from the newer cars is their incessant rusting doglegs and front fenders.
                    $1000 seems like a bargain. You should buy it quickly. It is sad that many people don't want them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      $1000 seems like a bargain. You should buy it quickly. It is sad that many people don't want them anymore.
                      I looked at it this morning. Took it for a test drive. Great car for the money. Not as unrusty as I had assumed, it's pretty crusty underneath, but not too far gone to be worth $1000.

HVAC controls don't work properly, I suspect it's that O-ring problem...it won't change modes and just sort of lazily mixes air through all vents.
                      Driver door is taken apart, driver window regulator is toast.
                      Interior is filthy, they had a dog evidently.
                      Needs tires.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

So derby car then...

Comment

Offer them $800 see what they say. $1000 still isn't bad if you don't mine the fixing up.

Comment

I passed on it. I went over it in detail with a mirror, it's just a little bit too much. Rockers are toast (though they pass cosmetically, the bottom side is gone). Rust levels are just a bit beyond my comfort zone at that price. It's a fair bit rustier than my wagon.

$500? All day every day. $1000, and having to pay tax on $1000, no. Guy wasn't moving on price at all. His reasoning is that they are not a car lot. He doesn't normally sell whole cars unless they're super clean, and that isn't. The car has well over $1000 of good parts to sell, so I see his point.

Frame and powertrain were maybe worth it but I am not in a position nor interested currently in frame swapping anything.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                            | Junkyards

Comment

Some crack head will buy it and run it into the ground.

Comment

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...car/1531565581

'78 Townie, 460, $1600 in Windsor. Looks clean.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X