Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    I have kid... my vehicles are still as clean as ever. Clean up after the kid... don't let the kid have stuff that will forever embed itself into materials... works like a charm.
    I need my spouse to understand this. She is always giving them snacks on the ride home. It's ten minutes. Then they don't eat dinner. Pisses me off. And she throws the trash in the door pockets. My clean standards and hers aren't the same and it is definitely something couples should talk about before getting hitched.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      I need my spouse to understand this. She is always giving them snacks on the ride home. It's ten minutes. Then they don't eat dinner. Pisses me off. And she throws the trash in the door pockets. My clean standards and hers aren't the same and it is definitely something couples should talk about before getting hitched.
      I can understand the irritation when you have to pick up after your spouse. I get irritated too. In my case, I have to understand what is really important in life and how my wife grew up. She grew up in a culture where she had maids to pick up after her. At our age, old habits like that won't be changed. I would rather have no arguments. One thing I do appreciate is how she respects how I keep up the cars. She has said that I love the cars more than her. Not true but I understand what she is saying.
      I think the older we get, the more tolerant we are. The real realization of this is when crisis (sickness) happens in the family. Petty stuff doesn't matter anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        I have kid... my vehicles are still as clean as ever. Clean up after the kid... don't let the kid have stuff that will forever embed itself into materials... works like a charm.
        WHen I was a kid, I volunteered to clean the Firebird. Dad was pretty damn strict about that- no F'n food or drink in the car ever or any toys. And buckle in! We got over it. His cars were always clean. My mom's too, for a while. But it wasn't me who trashed them up or my brothers. Teaching the little pricks stuff is hard, but you just gotta be steadfast and reward good behavior. It's a lot harder to undo then it is to start with good habits at day 1.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          My wife used to clean houses for a living. Her car is used like an oversized purse, but there's no trash in random places. We have a bag in each vehicle designated for trash, that's mainly snot rags and fuel receipts.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          WHen I was a kid, I volunteered to clean the Firebird. Dad was pretty damn strict about that- no F'n food or drink in the car ever or any toys. And buckle in! We got over it. His cars were always clean. My mom's too, for a while. But it wasn't me who trashed them up or my brothers. Teaching the little pricks stuff is hard, but you just gotta be steadfast and reward good behavior. It's a lot harder to undo then it is to start with good habits at day 1.
          Same here. The only real dirt in any vehicle was maybe a stray leaf or other dirt. Never really detailed anything, but we didn't throw trash everywhere.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Snot rags and Fuel Receipts, going to be the name of my new album or my next band

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D4E12AF9-6387-4BC0-A252-9C7F22046696.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1290083

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...rce=ios_social

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
                Either there were many of these sold in this paint scheme (I believe it's one of the designer series), or this one has appeared for sale several times before. At that price tag, the right buyer has to find it, and that takes time for a relatively undesirable classic - those of us who like the Panthers are, for whatever reason, a small group.

It's always neat to see the odd combinations of options that appeared on the early cars, and especially the Mark VI. Digital cluster, leather seats and wheel, but non-cassette (yet still FM-equipped) non-premium radio and no autolamps or auto-dimming high beams.

The limited sample size of cars that I've run into, mostly in junkyards, say that autolamps and auto-dimming high beams are very common to find on Lincolns from 84 to 87. 88-89 have been a higher percentage of base models, and 80-83 have been a higher percentage of cars with odd option choices such as this.

Current driver: Ranger
                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

I am a stickler for keeping cars clean - inside and out. You can eat off the floors along with the A/C's so cold you can keep meat in them! With health issues and so many projects, it is difficult but to me cars are more than transportation or something to dispose of "when the ashtrays get full"!!

P.S. Like Dave's cars - now THOSE ARE CLEAN!!
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

How about this one? Seller is asking 15-20k.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...gon/1610289620

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post

Would need more photos to completely evaluate it. If your prices are accurate, I guess there is a car and a price for everyone. Would I pay that price? NO!
                      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post

Ahhh, it's still around! I used to know where this car lived, and I believe it got sold...and I may be mistaken but I feel like it was in the area of $4000. Haven't seen it in several years now but I've been told it makes the rounds at the more mature/senior enthusiasts' car meets and shows.
                        Last edited by kishy; 04-03-2022, 09:52 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

That '83 two toner is nice, I absolutely love the paint & interior color schemes. Shame though, it's not really a Lincoln unless it has functional A/C.

Comment

'83 Grand Marquis 4dr, appears to be a GS, also in Windsor just a few blocks from me: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1600735776

This is likely a factory carb 302 car.

If anyone wants me to look at it for them, let me know, but the price is not low at $6k (4800 USD).

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                            | Junkyards

Comment

Too rich for my blood.

Comment

That's a great deal. Car looks well cared for and rust free.
                                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
                                X