No announcement yet.

Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it looks like rust bubbling up on the passengers side quarter above the wheel well trim right above the center.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
      Have we seen this one yet? '79 LTD Landau with one of those neat early year interior colours. Looks pretty clean. I like that the engine bay isn't all dolled up...it's honest. Pretty far from literally anything, near Algonquin Park.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...car/1247491154
      This one has been for sale forever! Not sure if it's the location or if it's the fact that it photographs better than it looks IRL and therefore the asking price isn't justified but the owner won't budge?? Anyone here actually go see this car over the past couple years?
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Good deal on some decent looking rims and tires.
        ************************************************** ******************************
        1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Sad.
          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true

Comment

If this is roadworthy, I might do an incredibly stupid thing. Even if it's just to throw it up for sale again with a longer deadline to save it.

Current driver: wagon
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

That has to be a joke. That thing looks gorgeous.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I would guess frame is shot, rear quarters are shot like mine were, or roof rusted through (can see heavy primer visible where paint used to be). Either that or trans is done.

If it can drive including stopping, I will do everything I can to try to save this car. It's almost 5 hours away, so this is not a small investment of effort, money or time, but that looks too clean to not try to save.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

Its a gonner.....
                  ~David~

Comment

Yup, someone got it. Derby car now. Part out: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...rts/1379786034

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Woah. Very quick turn around. No joke up there with the derby guys.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Woah. Very quick turn around. No joke up there with the derby guys.
                        Yup...the average "derby car" post, posted under 800 bucks or so, will sell the same day in summer if the frame isn't shot. Rural Ontario, where that was and still is, has a massive demo derby following.

You don't have long to move on them. Guy's going to work with me on desirable parts but I'm a bit ticked off about it.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

Derby guys are scum. I am 99% sure that derby guy bought my 91' P72. The thing was mint underneath. Said he was buying it as a winter car. I later looked him up on Facebook and sure enough derby guy.

Comment

Yeah there is a derby guy in PA that has parts for a MGM and a TC. Sells a coupe of things on Ebay for really high prices. Will not negotiate on anything. Will not communicate. He has super nice and low mileage cars becoming derby cars. I would think all the parts go into the dumpster. He is a POS.

Comment

Derby’s are getting bigger around here. Was dead for a while but recently have two local venues, one is routine.

Worse than seeing all the nice cars in the junkyard to pick parts from is when the nice parts get squished/trashed. There are definitely some cars that are derby material if that’s your thing, but there are some that aren’t (low miles, garage kept etc).
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Interesting Aero Vic

Anyone's on here?? Or does anyone know the car?

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1284803

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_59.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1284802

Comment

Working...
                                X