Cars in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    We may not be buying a car after all, her engine is fouling plug #8 on a regular basis now. Or at least I think it is, cleaned the old plug once, did it again so replaced them all and then started doing it again. But, it wasn't doing it this morning or last night when she drove home though. Maybe an ignition issue, not sure...
    Leaking intake gaskets?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Found a guy parting out what looks like the car that was for sale in Sarnia (judging by the wheels, colour, etc.).

I think this is the guy in Kitchener who was trying to sell a 1979 MGM 2-door last year. Anyway, he's out of his ass in terms of pricing ($1200 for a used 302/tranny combo?? $800 for those wheels/tires!??! Also, the whole car was listed by its last owner for sub-$2k).

If I remember correctly this fellow was looking for a rear bumper, so I suspect that is gone. If he's willing to actually be reasonable re: pricing, there could be some good parts to nab off of this thing.
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
        Leaking intake gaskets?
        Nah, those were done ~2 years ago. Valve seals most likely. Car has been sold though, awaiting pick-up
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

1988 MGM Limo with criminally low mileage. Eagle eyed viewers will recognize Nikki's Roadhouse in the background. It's the local hub of adult entertainment on the border of Oxford and Brant counties on Highway 2 between Woodstock and Paris. Christ almighty, if you buy this car get your vaccinations up to date.
          ************************************************** ******************************
          1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Great price. I would want to put gloves on when cleaning under the seats. Got to watch for the needles though

Comment

So who originally bought a GM limo vs a Lincoln limo? All said and done, I bet the price was within 5000 of each other but at $40,000 (or however much one probably cost), I'd pony up and pay the little bit extra for the luxury Lincoln.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Great deal for a super clean looking, low mileage 2000 MGM. Where the hell was this car when I was shopping back in the summer?!?! I would have bought the shit out of it.

Comment

Another damn shame.

This was the car that was for sale near Barrie. It went down to $950.. needed a new gas tank I think. Mint car though, dual exhaust, 302, repainted, 224ish km on it (IIRC).

This fellow is parting it out to use the suspension and frame bits for a 1952 Mercury truck build he's doing.

Someone needing exhaust, bumpers and good body panels should move fast on this one (me, this time last year).

I'm also learning that timing is everything. I think if this car had come up and I still had my old Big Blue Boat, I never would have gotten rid of her. This parts car would have given me everything I need to perfect her. Shit.

Comment

This car was for sale 5min from me. Shame it was not bought to be enjoyed.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      This car was for sale 5min from me. Shame it was not bought to be enjoyed.
                      Yeah, my eyes popped out of my head when I read what the guy had planned for it. I let him know what he really wanted was the suspension setup from the 2003+ models, but I don't think he'll listen.

I actually tried to talk my wife into letting me buy the car when it dropped to $950. I could have easily afforded it. I'm actually upset about it.

Comment

Possible good deal at a dealership for this low mileage 2000 MGM.

Comment

Low mileage 1994 MGM. Crap photos though.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                            Low mileage 1994 MGM. Crap photos though.
                            This beauty will last forever with undercoating and regular maintenance.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                              This beauty will last forever with undercoating and regular maintenance.
                              That can pretty much be said about anything really. Oil good. It's messy but on a DD it's easy to apply and ensures nuts and bolts turn when you need them to and that the necessary bits last, hydrophobic don't ya know
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice 79'.
                                http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

Comment

Working...
                                X