X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me gusta.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ationFlag=true

Comment

I love the classic ac needs recharging line.

Cars is gorgeous though.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

"AC needs recharging"

So do it!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Drives me nuts when sellers (or anyone else, really) say the AC just needs a recharge. For reasons discussed previously here, I think.

The refrigerant didn't just disappear into nothingness...just because a refrigerant leak is less visible than, say, an antifreeze leak, does not make it less important to repair correctly before refilling the system. From an economic perspective, you're throwing away money, and there's an environmental angle as well, not that the typical "AC just needs recharged (sic)" people tend to be moved much by it.

That being said...good car. Either a lot of them are out there (in that general region) in that colour scheme, or I've seen this car listed before. Flipped, possibly.

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

This car was up for sale a year or two ago. I posted it on here I think...

If my memory serves, the contact name is the same and the location (driveway, house) look the same too. Not sure what he did to it to justify the extra $5500 he's asking for it since it was last listed though.

All that out of the way, it's definitely a nice car!
            ************************************************** ******************************
            1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
            1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
            http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

I remember this car being for sale years ago. Should have bought it when it was bone stock and cheap lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                Drives me nuts when sellers (or anyone else, really) say the AC just needs a recharge. For reasons discussed previously here, I think.

The refrigerant didn't just disappear into nothingness...just because a refrigerant leak is less visible than, say, an antifreeze leak, does not make it less important to repair correctly before refilling the system. From an economic perspective, you're throwing away money, and there's an environmental angle as well, not that the typical "AC just needs recharged (sic)" people tend to be moved much by it...
                Yeah that's just like when people say "Tires are good, have lotsa meat left." but actually are shit due to old age and dry rot and mismatch. How about the ole, "Needs a tune up."
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If derby guys didn't snap this one on up yet might be a good buy.
                  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Comment

Ah, the last year for my preferred style

Anybody know if the Fords ever got opera lights? I want to say the full formal roof option gave you them but I've never seen one in person.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      Ah, the last year for my preferred style

Anybody know if the Fords ever got opera lights? I want to say the full formal roof option gave you them but I've never seen one in person.
                      Here's a full formal roofed '85 CV on CC http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbs...ooooooo-kitty/ looks like a stainless trim/plate, no opera/coach lights.
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Yeah I don't believe the Fords ever did get them. I think as a matter of history/lineage, the "Crown Victoria" is inherently supposed to have a bright metal band across the roof and B-pillars, though that went out the window with the aeros, and the P72 boxes.

That being said, some early (79-82? Or maybe 79 only?) Fords did get lighted LTD emblems on the base of the C-pillars. Might have been the Landau trim level only. Iffy on the details.

Current driver: Ranger
                        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                        | 88 TC | 91 GM
                        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

^ thats the only one I have seen on the VICS.

Think its a landau thing.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've seen the one you guys describe and show, I like it. Does that one actually light up?

Now, the one I think I saw recently on CL was an '87 or something with the optional full roof, and in the middle it seemed there was an opera light that was flush with the bright metal band, a narrow one much like with Cadillac Broughams of the 80's and early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                              Here's a full formal roofed '85 CV on CC http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbs...ooooooo-kitty/ looks like a stainless trim/plate, no opera/coach lights.
                              Actually, I think this is it! If you look very closely in a few of the pics, you can see the light I'm talking about or what appears to be one. Needs to be verified...

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                                Actually, I think this is it! If you look very closely in a few of the pics, you can see the light I'm talking about or what appears to be one. Needs to be verified...
                                Read the comments, one guy claims there was a B-pillar light on the brougham edition or whatever '85 & '86 only, that it was only on the full top model, and that it was a standard ASC/aftermarket parts bin or whatever unit that was used on a bunch of GM/Buick/Olds or something.
                                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X