PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Cars in Ontario

Steel side wagon shows "SOLD". WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

all the CFI are belong to me

It has not sold, he keeps fighting with Facebook auto-marking it sold. And it is one listing including the 3 vehicles together.

He's feeling out all the people contacting him (25 in the first few hours of the posting apparently) and rejecting everyone with any type of ties to the demo derby world, so that's kinda cool. I've helped him with a few names to avoid. His asking price is pretty much spot on the nose exactly what derby people are happy to pay currently and if they're solid underneath as he claims, they'll go fast if he doesn't care who buys em.

Current driver: 85 Ranger
    Panthers, Parked: 83 GM 2dr POTM 10/2019 | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 86 GM | 88 TC | 91 GM POTM 12/2017
    Not Panthers, Parked: Ranger trailer | 05 Focus | 04 Focus
    RIP: 97 CV | 83 TC
    Junkyards

On the sedan, I was looking at the rocker rot. It may be the dithering of the picture, but the rocker looks pretty bad. I was figuring on the woody being a shed currently.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

1990 MGM on kijiji

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	57274

Looks pretty ok!
    ************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by SeanP View Post
    1990 MGM on kijiji

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	57274

Looks pretty ok!
    That is the car previously, briefly owned by a friend of mine. I've seen it in person and it's a clean but not perfect car (I believe the fender arches are iffy under the aluminum). My friend bought it for $2400 or thereabouts, he sold it for $2800. As best I can tell he just didn't have the time to dedicate to one of these, as most of them need a fair bit of love when they move on to a new owner. There was nothing significantly wrong with the car. The odometer gears were toast, I don't recall if my friend rebuilt them or sold it before doing so. I had coached him on the needed parts and repair steps.

The new owner (who is the current seller) seems to have bought it strictly to flip it, it was listed all over the place for mid 4ks, then 4k, and evidently now 2900.

There is zero demand for these things locally, other than the derby crowd and me. I have a bunch of friends (the one who briefly owned this one) who want, but either cannot afford, don't have adequate room, or don't want to jump headfirst into the world of old car problems. With the way scrap is currently, if it comes under 2k, the derby guys will take it.
    Last edited by kishy; 12-03-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Panthers, Parked: 83 GM 2dr POTM 10/2019 | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 86 GM | 88 TC | 91 GM POTM 12/2017
    Junkyards

************************************************** ******************************
    1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
    1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
    http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

2 decades of DDing Box Panthers, now in a Whale VicCrownVic's Avatar

Oh, someone has treated that '99 CV to some rust inhibiter. Wonder if it was Krown and if it was kept up/applied each year? 124K miles and under $2k USD, that could be a great deal.
    Vic

~ 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, backup/summer cruiser
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon SLT - wannabe winter DD - many issues, returning sometime in the 2020s
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - Rotting Retired Winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by kishy View Post
    It has not sold, he keeps fighting with Facebook auto-marking it sold. And it is one listing including the 3 vehicles together.

He's feeling out all the people contacting him (25 in the first few hours of the posting apparently) and rejecting everyone with any type of ties to the demo derby world, so that's kinda cool. I've helped him with a few names to avoid. His asking price is pretty much spot on the nose exactly what derby people are happy to pay currently and if they're solid underneath as he claims, they'll go fast if he doesn't care who buys em.
    I am beginning to doubt that he is actually serious about selling. He set a specific date for viewing of the cars and acts like he is sitting on a gold mine. I'd like to buy the steel side wagon but this guy is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    I am beginning to doubt that he is actually serious about selling. He set a specific date for viewing of the cars and acts like he is sitting on a gold mine. I'd like to buy the steel side wagon but this guy is a pain in the ass to deal with.
    Not surprised, but it's possible he's not recognizing your interest as serious or from the right intentions. I dunno. Have briefly met the guy, have never dealt with him beyond that.

Junkyards

fomoco panthers !

It makes me wary when I see the inside of the car with junk all over the floor, seats. In my opinion, anyone who takes care of their vehicle doesn't allow that. If someone takes pictures without cleaning up the car, It shows they don't care.

I agree with that. I may let dust accumulate on them without a cover, but I'll never store stuff on top of them or inside them.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

In the context of private sales only:

Cleaning the car is my job as the buyer. If the seller has dressed it up neat and tidy, I see that as an attempt to deceive me about how the car has been cared for, because most normal people do not keep their car free of random clutter in the course of normal day-to-day use.

Show me it in the state it's lived its whole life, not how you want me to see it.

Junkyards

In the context of private sales only:

Cleaning the car is my job as the buyer. If the seller has dressed it up neat and tidy, I see that as an attempt to deceive me about how the car has been cared for, because most normal people do not keep their car free of random clutter in the course of normal day-to-day use.

Show me it in the state it's lived its whole life, not how you want me to see it.
    I'd consider there's a difference between clean and dressed up. Cleaning the car is just common courtesy, but getting it detailed could have bullshit some bullshit attached, if it's a private sale.
    Atleast pick the trash and personal items and maybe even a quick vacuum.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    2008 BMW 530d Touring, "Femma"

Isn't there an old saying, "A clean car sells"? WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

I am the exact opposite of Kishy. If I am looking at a vehicle and it is dirty, not vacuumed, and full of personal junk it makes me wonder what kind of effort was put into routine maintenance. I will 9 times out of 10 walk away. Put SOME effort in to making it look like you cared about the vehicle. The guy selling the 3 cars together I would approach totally differently. He is dealing with, and trying to move on with something his Dad had, and what he did. Yeah, the old owner treated it like a storage unit. It is what it is, and part of the package. I would not criticize the seller for it.

..because most normal people do not keep their car free of random clutter in the course of normal day-to-day use.

Guess I'm not normal then. I never keep random stuff in my cars, what's in them pertains to what is required to drive them. If at the end of the day it isn't needed any more, out it comes. It's one thing to keep a blanket or spare change of clothes in the trunk, but people who have like McDonalds bags and misc trash in the car just make me wonder.

I'm with Stid, make some sort of effort. A polished turd is still a turd, a scum bucket will just look like a cleaned scum bucket. Unless money is invested, there is no amount of cleaner or polish which would hide miss matched tires, big carpet stains or ghetto fabulous wiring and other farmer type repairs that a vehicle I'd pass on would have.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Dont have kids, they singlehandedly will transform any ride into a stale fresh fry haven.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Grand1 View Post
    Dont have kids, they singlehandedly will transform any ride into a stale fresh fry haven.
    I second this. Same thing in the house.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

fomoco panthers !

I have to agree with kids liking to trash a vehicle. I have a cure for that. Get the kids out and clean and detail the car every week, and then inspect it. It won't take long until the kids have respect for the vehicle, themselves and the parents.

When I used to buy cars, I would always check the trunk. If the trunk is neat and clean or looks like new, I could generally know that the car was taken care of. The other thing I check for the maintenance records. Big thick files with everything documented will seal the deal.

I have kid... my vehicles are still as clean as ever. Clean up after the kid... don't let the kid have stuff that will forever embed itself into materials... works like a charm.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast