LTB: Pair of '79-'91 bare fenders without cornering lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTB: Pair of '79-'91 bare fenders without cornering lights

Willing to pay up to $250 per fender (shipping to NY 14534 included). I just need the fender itself- no trim or moldings attached. Fenders need to be rust-free. Am okay with small dents and scrapes, mismatched colors, etc. They will likely need to be painted to match my '89 GMQ anyway. Payment via PayPal or check in the mail- that's up to you. PM me if you've got something!
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-18-2015, 04:21 PM. Reason: Added some context.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

I will keep a look out for you in the yards. I actually have drivers side that doesn't have ditch light. Drivers side. I would be willing to trade you for one with ditch light in similar condition.

Comment

Thanks mang! I'm okay with buying fenders one at a time; I don't need to buy both at once. But if you want to hold onto it, I understand.

I'd happily pull a clean cornering light equipped fender for you to trade, but the last time I saw a panther with one was this past May. It was a light blue LTD CV, the only box in the yard. All the others yards I've been to lack boxes altogether, save for Skyway. They had a lone '90 with crumbly, flaky, fenders without ditch lights. There was a guy on ebay selling a ton of black driver's side fenders WITH the square holes for the cornering lights. Got quoted $95 for shipping, on top of the $200 price. That was too high for something that needs a giant square area welded shut on top of painting to match. I can try to dig up the listing for you if you're really interested in it.
      Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-18-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

If all you can find are fenders with the cornering lights, why not add them? They are a nice feature.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
          Thanks mang! I'm okay with buying fenders one at a time; I don't need to buy both at once. But if you want to hold onto it, I understand.

I'd happily pull a clean cornering light equipped fender for you to trade, but the last time I saw a panther with one was this past May. It was a light blue LTD CV, the only box in the yard. All the others yards I've been to lack boxes altogether, save for Skyway. They had a lone '90 with crumbly, flaky, fenders without ditch lights. There was a guy on ebay selling a ton of black driver's side fenders WITH the square holes for the cornering lights. Got quoted $95 for shipping, on top of the $200 price. That was too high for something that needs a giant square area welded shut on top of painting to match. I can try to dig up the listing for you if you're really interested in it.
          Please do!
          Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
          If all you can find are fenders with the cornering lights, why not add them? They are a nice feature.
          They are really nice. They light up the area in which you are turning very well! And they're not too hard to wire up either.

Comment

Both my 89s as well as my current 04 have them. You really do get used to it. Most cars today don't even offer them. I know my fairly loaded Enclave doesn't have them.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

@86Vicky: Couldn't find the listing for the driver's side fenders. I knew he had some up at one point. Here's the pass side listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-1991-FO...JTOW~0&vxp=mtr
              Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-18-2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by P72Crazy View Post
                  PM sent
                  Thank you sir! Received, replied to.

Comment

I'll keep a look out but with Michigan being as salty as it is you might see pigs fly before a clean fender rolls along.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I have two NOS, but they have the ditch light.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                        I'll keep a look out but with Michigan being as salty as it is you might see pigs fly before a clean fender rolls along.
                        Sounds like a similar story to NY. Thank you though!

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        You're my second choice. Hold onto them in the meantime, will advise if I need them.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          PM sent, awaiting reply.

Comment

Sweet, you'll get over your hatred for ditch lights
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              Sweet, you'll get over your hatred for ditch lights
                              Oh, but I won't. Because I just sourced a clean pair of NOS ditch lightless fenders. Getting them shipped from Syracuse to the body shop.

Thank you to all those who helped and tried to help. I may very well need new fenders for additional projects. I will keep you guys in mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X