No announcement yet.

1991 p72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(JB) weld a bolt to the back of it and just spin the whole thing onto one of those hubcap retainers?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

95-97 front brakes are a little bigger than stock, and will fit with a 15" wheel. Not as good as the 98-02 stuff, but better than original. Gets you a forged upper arm too, and the 98-02 stuff is a very simple swap from 95-97 bits.

Don't think anyone has done an obd2 box, but Explorer stuff is probably the most reasonable donor harness. Not entirely sure what you'd do for a crank trigger. The Explorer balancer is a fair bit different. Might be able to use it with a spacer t retain stock accessories. Explorer bits have been done, but its kind of a pain in the ass. I remember building a power steering pump for one using parts from a non-variable assist CVPI plus the stock pump since we had no way to drive the variable assist solenoid. The CVPI pump donated the pressure regulator parts to get it all working. The AC lines ended up all being custom and weird too.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Radio back light is fixed. Was indeed a burned out bulb.

Steering is flushed. Not sure if it helped but will find out later.

Climate control is manual and one of the plastic spacers was completely disintegrated the second one has cracks in the corners and will likely go as well. I tried fabricating another spacers from some aluminum but first try ended up with a failure. I will try again later. I froze my ass off outside and quit for the day.

Comment

So where's the burnouts.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Try 2 on the spacers did the trick. I'll probably have to do the other one in the future. For now, filled the empty space with JB-Weld. Hopefully it will hold together for a while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2643.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1278563Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2644.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1278564Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2645.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1278565

Comment

After reassembling the climate control I tried to determine the issue with the airbag. Clock spring checked out fine, no shorts. I did notice a little bit of a play and a clicking sounds in the steering wheel when wiggling it up down, left or right.

Upper bearing shot?

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...adPdf?id=42093

Found a repair kit on Ebay but it's 70 bucks. Seems kinda steep for a bearing. Anyone know a generic replacement that I can replace it with?
              Last edited by Mr Bean; 12-20-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Replacement of bearings in the column was a failure. Gonna get another column from a junkyard and call it a day.

Comment

Ah. You need it for the '91. Thought maybe you were playing around with something idk. 90-91 columns only will work. This is according to the local Ford dealer when I was looking for a new column for my '90.

Be careful with the connector for the ignition switch. Mine was broken in the middle when I unhooked it. Shifter tube bushings are available from Ford or aftermarket. Rockauto has OEM ignition switches.

I pretty much rebuilt a junkyard column last year. Was a fun project.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Try 2 of column repair was a success. It helps to install snap rings in the right groove.

Comment

Fuzzy thought comes to mind, but I think Sly converted his '93's slider setup to the later turny knob rig that doesn't break. If not him, someone did it. Wonder if that wouldn't be possible on a '91 if the stock system just pisses you off too much.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                        Try 2 of column repair was a success. It helps to install snap rings in the right groove.
                        He's right you know.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Spring is close and I think I've decided what I am gonna do with paint on this car. Rustoleum $50 paint job because why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                            Spring is close and I think I've decided what I am gonna do with paint on this car. Rustoleum $50 paint job because why not.
                            Should be interesting to see how it turns out. Going black or some other color?

My Cars:
                            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Only problem is rustoleum is not very good at being UV resistant, so it will fade fairly quickly. You could get a slightly better paint and it will last longer
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

See about using farm tractor paint. Basically similar to Rustoleum, but it has some UV stuff since its intended to live outside. TSC has it in various colors. I presume there is a Canadian equivalent.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...e?cm_vc=-10005

as an example. I'm sure other people make this sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X