04 cvpi turbo setup questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 cvpi turbo setup questions

Ok guys well the fiancče has a love for panthers. She has a 2004 cvpi ex Benton county car. We'll it doesent run (the engine is junk) but it did use to run before the almost mother in law ran it out of coolant and continued driving it. She loves these cars so I've decided to give here a way to get back and forth with our son and she's getting my car as soon as I pick up another daily. In exchange she's giving me her 2004 since she won't need it. Which I'm ok with, pi motor, better front end, limited slip rear end. It all works out haha. My plans are (if the current block is useable) doing a rebuild for boost. If the block is trashed I'm going to pick up a 5.4 2v block and do the same ( boost ready engine) I figured since Id have to get another block anyway why not. I'm giving my self a 5,000 dollar cap on the entire engine ( minus fuel system and the turbo setup, probably twins) what would you guys recommend? The trans will swapped with a 5 speed probably and the rear end a new limited slip and a rebuild with some bigger axle shafts and a c clip eliminator if possible. Any budget boost friendly 2v builds 4.6 and 5.4 setups? I'm wanting to run as much as I can so forged will be needed. Along with some arp stuff.

Modular motors and budget friendly are two things that do not belong in the same sentence.
    I've been buying stuff though MMR. You can usually snag some pretty good deals there. You might as well save yourself the disappointment and go with the 5.4L, especially since you want to twin turbo it.
    I mean, unless you can score a 03-04 Cobra Terminator motor, I guess you can go with the 5.4.
    They did have crate 4.6/5.0 Aluminator motors
    Hold on.
    Or you can check out www.corral.net
    Those Mustang guys are always selling shit like crazy. You may end up with some good deals in the classifieds, especially with built motors, ready to ship.

Also, good luck with the build.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Why not use a Teksid block? easy 100b off the nose of the car and plenty strong.

Comment

Working...
      X