VID 3yr merc build almost done! megasquirted 500+hp startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VID 3yr merc build almost done! megasquirted 500+hp startup

I need to post a write up update here as to what has all been done in this build but just fired it up for the first start since tearing the car down for a full car build 3.5 years ago. I haven't been around here much but only because I've been out working on the old girl day in day out haha. Not much of a vid but just had to test to make sure the new megasquirt MS3X I built and wired all actually worked before putting the dash on/car totally back together for good.

-Ford 8.8/9" rear with custom everything, moser 9" axles, detroit locker, wilwood 4 piston billet disks
    -Back half frame fabricated from scratch for an adjustable "factory layout" 4 link and new suspension setup
    -dennys driveshaft custom 4" aluminum /chromoly driveshaft
    -Lentech street/strip terminator 1100hp tans mating to an EDGE 3600rpm non-lockup converter
    -2 turbine intank pumps, to a stainless surge tank which feeds 2 bosche high pressure pumps feeding 8an ptfe/stainless line to the dual feed/dual return rails at the motor to the aeromotive adjustable regulator to feed my 1100hp goal and then some
    -all the race goodies and safety setups, trunk batt box
    -wheelwells can now take 30x14.5" slicks... running 12x30" mt for the street
    -still power everything, remote everything now swell, 100lbs sound insulation added and all the goodies for as much luxury as we can get in the old girl... unfortunately the a/c ain't around because of the real-estate it demands under the hood.

-I've been getting into quite a bit of building/porting for the ford guys and thought after spending 3 years building up the rest of the car... I had to see exactly how many horses we can get out of ford parts so I went to town on er. Cut open/ported/puddle welded/more porting... upper/lower/heads to flow as a single work of physics art and man does it fly lol. Still explorer everything with a re-built mustang bottom end including the stang forged pistons and comp xe258 cam.
    -Built A megasquirt MS3X computer to run my full sequential spark via 8 ls2 coils, full sequential injection, controls my 4 fuel pumps, 2 dry nitrous systems (adding fuel via injectors per cylinder specific tuning), 1 wet "just incase nitrous system", 2 electric rad fans on the 3 core aluminum rad, tranny cooler fan, launch/delaybox/2 step... all the race goodies, wideband and complete data logging of endless parameters. Set up for an instant tune swap switch which is awesome being a street driver needing to get mpg 1 minute and let go 500hp at the next light. There are about 70 inputs/outputs and 60 are in use for so many things making the car a dream to get to drive and race soon. Very impressed so far but building an ecu from scratch means weighting tunes so we are still working away at that endeavour.

The old unported mostly original rest of car did 300fwhp/360tq on the dyno, and pulled off a few high 12's passes on 125 shots of nitrous and 4.5 sec 0-60 times at a full 4100lb weight and pump gas. 6.8 sec 0-60 on motor and high 14's.

A quick around the block drive and this thing has allot more oomph to it but will finnish all the wiring/electronics/getting the car together and on the road by spring than I will get numbers and some good vids to compare back. Short crappy vid here but a vid none the less of startup haha, the phone died before I could get anything more than the idle.

Enough gabbing... here's the vid!
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Wow dude, that's some skill, time & dedication! Haven't watched the video yet but your box looks sweet in the signature! Congrats on your work!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Indeed a heck of a ride.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

+1 that car is awesome... and your old TL is still happy in the back of my 88.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Good to hear from you again. Looking forward to your progress.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Awesome!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I hereby nominate merc91 and his megasquirted 500+hp box for inclusion in the GrandMarq.net Panther Hall Of Fame's next vote.
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Thanks allot boys, at the moment I am working at getting all the new wiring/electronics ran behind the dash as if it were oem than I can get the dash back on and start putting everything back together for good.

Still fighting being sick so it's slow going but I will definetly have it all 100% done when the last of the winter salt is gone here and get some good pictures and video of it all done. Sounds so sweet reving up haha, just thought I'de post a little teaser of what the old merc is up to and more to come!

That's good sly, that trac-lock has some solid accomplishements on it's resume on my end lol, good to see it's story continues.
                HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

I wish I had the balls/money to do this with my 88 Town Car. Awesome job, very well done! Can't wait to see more videos.
                  Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                  Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did you go with the separate LS2 coils because you were running the megasquirt? Any advantage to separate coils (or just high rpm stability?) What did you do about the distributor hole?

Comment

I just want to see a lot of pictures of this car. Inside, outside, and all around. As far as box performance goes on this forum, this is probably the pinnacle.

There is a guy in the Del/Mar/Va (I think) area of the US that has a very fast 393/blower Grand Marquis sedan. Found him on Facebook the other day. Its burgundy red, and there are numerous pictures of at least one front wheel off the ground.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

3 nitrous systems because 2 just aren't enough?

Thats still a factory 302 block right ?
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Those ls2 D85 coils are among the most powerfull coil in production, and have internal ignitors so I just have to supply main power/ground to all 8 than a 5v signal from 8 outputs on the megasquirt so everything works great together and is very simple. 8 coils to plug delivers allot more precision and each coil has 8x more time to charge up than a single coil. Not having to route the spark through distributer contacts is great too. I can adjust spark power in increments of 100rpm aswell which is nice for heavy boost/nitrous tunes. I have a 98 explorer cam sensor in the distributer hole which feeds the ms3x with cam position than a missing tooth wheel on the crank for crank position to run the motor in true sequencial.

Comment

Will do p72 when it's all together for good, I did see a merc with a big blower sticking out of the hood and big rims on a youtube vid I think once but I'm thinkin that was silver.

Gadget lol yeh I have 2 preset dry systems that are triggerd at set rpm or a time delay through the ms3x when the toggle on my dash gives the okay to arm so its set now to do 50hp (75tq) .4sec off the line than ramp in a 75hp (110tq) .6sec after to keep that weight transfer on the back tires. They will be great to cool down air temps right after the procharger when that day comes.
                            Than a stand alone 75hp wet kit on a button controled by the old fashiond human finger, ya know just incase the guy in the new vett is a bumper ahead of you lol.

Yes it's a stock block itself and yes I have split 1 before I knew much about the need for precision controlling of fuel/spark/nitrous/block prep. Now I know lol.
                            Last edited by merc91; 12-10-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

now that the car is finally built to drop in 4 digit power... the saving has started for a dart block 408 build... has only started aha.
                              It really is to bad these 302 blocks do the splits at the 500hp mark

Comment

Working...
                              X