No announcement yet.

Full chassis swap what year/make whale is the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even so you'd need a lot of work to make it work. 90-02 is still completely different from 89 and down.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

98-02 should bolt on. Wouldn't even have to mod the 2 front mounts but I don't think that swap would be worth the trouble. The best part about doing 03+ swap is to improve handling.

Comment

I'm the resident anti-OHC and anti-rack steering guy. I've owned two vehicles with racks, still own one, and absolutely loathe the way they drive. I drove a rack panther once. Got it 1/2 mile down the road and turned around. No thank you. They're just too disconnected and numb feeling for me to put up with. The 4 link rear suspension is pretty much shite though, no argument there. A panhard bar is high on my list of wants. I'm very tired of the back end of the car dancing and floating when I hit crappy pavement. IRS would be even cooler
        Last edited by gadget73; 12-16-2015, 10:57 PM.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          IRS would be even cooler
          Remember when someone was supposed to make that a thing and abandoned the project?

Comment

yeah, probably too much of a pain in the ass to be practical. One can dream though.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X