PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My New 1978 Ford LTD

It's always something until everything has been addressed it seems. I've got some weird electrical issue in my Plymouth where it won't run the lights any more. They'll turn on for a second and then everything dies, doesn't blow the fuse, just kills the lights on the car & dash. Was told to investigate the connector on the firewall.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    It's always something until everything has been addressed it seems. I've got some weird electrical issue in my Plymouth where it won't run the lights any more. They'll turn on for a second and then everything dies, doesn't blow the fuse, just kills the lights on the car & dash. Was told to investigate the connector on the firewall.
    The firewall connector on the Chrysler products seems to be a problem spot. Lots of green stuff grows inside.

Heh, I'm hoping it's something simple like that. MoPar buddy was telling me it's the ammeter, always said to watch for it and when it starts to wig out, that's when you replace it. IIRC it does wig out when the lights dim out and all that but no time anywhere else. I also gotta get rid of those shitty 3 dollar battery terminal connectors, could be part of it.

I really need to update this thread. There's been more work done here since the last post. All of 2017 has been missed. Last summer I ended up repainting the header panel to combat rust and it came out pretty decent. (Much better than my attempts on my Crown Vic). I'm sure there' s been a bunch more and will have to go through my pics and give an update. I've driven the car a ton in 2017 and it's been extremely reliable. *knock on wood*. I think with the weather changing now, I might have to stop for a few months until the "salt season" is over though.

Yes, give 'er a rest for as long as the salt flies and permeates the road. I still see that stuff seep from cracks in parking lots for months after it has stopped flying ::shudder::

No real updates here. Car has continued to be reliable and fun to drive. I need to get up to speed on my repainting of sections that need it but that will now have to wait until Spring.

Passenger front turn signal socket crapped out on me so I soldered and heat shrinked a new one in. So far so good. I also was able to do some more under body rust painting while doing the oil change last month. Bottom of this car is cleaner than my Crown Vic.

Car was running a little lean which would make it run on the hotter side. Adjusted the carb and now it picks up off the line a bit better, runs smoother and most importantly, doesn't run on the hot side anymore.

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Long time no see buddy, glad to hear all is well. Far as vehicle progess goes, any is better than none like i'm doing these days...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456