Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to wire in 98 to 02 NON abs brake fluid level switch on my 87 Crown Victoria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to wire in 98 to 02 NON abs brake fluid level switch on my 87 Crown Victoria?

Just swapped booster and master to 98 to 02 NON abs style. Would like to wire in the fluid level switch but not sure how. Old switch has two wires, new switch has three....

Thanks
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

3 wire? hm. My original was 1 wire, and the later MC on the car has 2. Not sure what the third wire is.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Comment

And there we have it!

Maybe I can rig that up to my parking brake somehow....

Oh I don;t even have a brake light anymore because of the speedometer modifications!

Now to search for a cool period correct BRAKE switch.

And Thain, the two wires going to my old proportioning valve switch were the same color...Ignition yo switch to indicator.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking over both the schematic provided my mrbean and the one I have for my 87 cv I see that the parking brake switch is also integrated into the brake warning system....just AFTER the brake warning switch on the proportioning valve.....all as ONE wire. So it would be super easy to just wire in either of the two wires to feed ground up to the Brake Indicator light.

Matter of fact the thing to do would be to just hook up the two existing wires from the 87 harness to the two other wires in the harness and then wire in the ground and be done with it all. This would give me a bulb check in START position of the ignition...BONUS!

Now if I only was not a silly kid and removed that parking brake switch years back....Maybe it is still in place. If it isnt I will pull one from the yard again and install it as I believe I would have tossed it out.
          ~David~

Comment

If you don't have a brake light, not much point in hooking it up.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Though I agree all the wiring is currently exposed in that area and now would be the time to just do it correctly so I don't hate myself in the future. Besides, once that 5 speed is in I will need something to fill that shift selector spot in the gauge cluster. Might as well plops a brake indicator light in its place...maybe even an up shift light......decisions, decisions......
              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Though I agree all the wiring is currently exposed in that area and now would be the time to just do it correctly so I don't hate myself in the future. Besides, once that 5 speed is in I will need something to fill that shift selector spot in the gauge cluster. Might as well plops a brake indicator light in its place...maybe even an up shift light......decisions, decisions......
                I think they make aftermarket, programmable shift lights now, the type that are in a horizontal band and light up green then orange then red as they go towards the center.

http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/4-l...ight-129-p.asp

Oh yes, that'd look great there if it sizes right.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I *hate* shift lights. That was always that indicator that gets ignored and/or electrical tape over. I dislike things blinking at me while driving that don't require immediate emergency action. Oil lights get it, shift lights are just one more thing to actively ignore.

Comment

too blingy for the interior.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      I *hate* shift lights. That was always that indicator that gets ignored and/or electrical tape over. I dislike things blinking at me while driving that don't require immediate emergency action. Oil lights get it, shift lights are just one more thing to actively ignore.
                      Amen, when lights flash it pisses me off. Makes me think something is wrong. I know when the car needs to shift. You can tell by sound and feel. Only ricer nerds need fancy shift lights.

Comment

Working...
                      X