Anyone ever gottan a p300 code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever gottan a p300 code?

Generic and/or multiple misfire code. Not cylinder specific. Where to even start. lol 01 GMLS

Sorry just noticed the terrible spelling in the header.
    Last edited by SouthGaDawg74; 01-07-2016, 04:48 PM.
    2001 Grand Marquis LS

how many miles and are the plugs original? If you've got over 100K and the plugs are original, replace them. Is the car running rough or is this just a fluke code? If something caused the engine to die... like running out of gas, water in the gas, momentary high amp current draw, it could toss this code.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      how many miles and are the plugs original? If you've got over 100K and the plugs are original, replace them. Is the car running rough or is this just a fluke code? If something caused the engine to die... like running out of gas, water in the gas, momentary high amp current draw, it could toss this code.
      175XXX, and we've changed the plugs a few times. I have had one coil pack go bad. I'm wondering if they all could be going bad. They are all original except for the one i had to change out. It's idling a bit funny when its cold. And it does seem to feel a bit rough to me. nothing major, but just doesn't feel...smooth. Not sure how smooth they really can be but she seems to run a bit rough.
      2001 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

might be fuel filter, fuel system in need of clean (fuel system cleaner... run a tank), plugs, boots, maybe coils. If you can test the fuel pressure... that might be worth something. Especially if it bogs when you try to floor it. That would definitely be fuel filter or pump related. Depending on the quality of plugs... if they're coppers, they can go out as fast as 10K in the PI engines. Time to start checking stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          might be fuel filter, fuel system in need of clean (fuel system cleaner... run a tank), plugs, boots, maybe coils. If you can test the fuel pressure... that might be worth something. Especially if it bogs when you try to floor it. That would definitely be fuel filter or pump related. Depending on the quality of plugs... if they're coppers, they can go out as fast as 10K in the PI engines. Time to start checking stuff.
          It doesn't bog, but the valves ping bad at hard throttle.
          2001 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

try changing the fuel filter first. Might check the condition of the plugs for good measure.

Comment

Working...
            X