Factory 5.0 Mustang Shorty Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory 5.0 Mustang Shorty Headers

hey marquis family, im after a set a stock shorty headers. im sure a few a you know better than i what all vehicles had them but in the past ive had good luck with ones off of 80's fox bodies. not had any luck on the search and im in need of them pretty bad. looking to put them on my 351 to replace the stock manifolds because i have to pull them for a gasket change. any help would be appreciated. thanks
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

If you can't find any in a junkyard or fleabay, you can always get some aftermarket fox shorties. I paid 80 bucks for ceramic-coated shorties that came with hardware and gaskets. I did find this in a quick search. http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-93-Ford-M...lWlGyx&vxp=mtr

Comment

actually the same set i was eyeballing earlier. on a side note, note too many yards around my area with many ho motors sadly
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Fair one. For my money I'd just buy some cheap aftermarket shorties. Well, I did. If you don't want to go 1-5/8" you could probably still find some 1-1/2". The factory ones are a big step up from cast iron logs but still pretty crude even compared to the cheapest aftermarket headers. Either way the collectors don't work with your stock downpipes, unless you get '90 Lincoln logs. Not worth the trouble if you ask me. I bought the cheapie ebay headers and had a 'stang offroad pipe cut to tuck it all up and fit right. Got cats put on it later and it all works splendidly. Sounds decent but I really need more motor to make me feel like it sounds good.

Comment

Will they fit a 77 with a 351? Looking at my 77 bird looks like the pass side will but drivers side with the steering gear box location on a rear steer not sure if the collector would clear. Searching for info on the fit a few days ago think one guy had to grind the side of the flange down a bit to fit by the steering gear box but it was a 302 which is a bit narrower. Started to look at 351 fox swap headers. At any rate have a set just like those on fleabay make an offer.
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Could be weird with the taller deck on the 351 but worth a look. I imagine there's specific-fit headers for the 77, but will all likely be longtubes.

Comment

All I could find so far were hooker super comp long tubes think new they started around 450 to 600 for a 77. Shorty 351 fox swap headers new close to the same price.
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

shouldnt be an issue on my ltd. as of right now dad and i cut the cats and ran true straight pipe back and into thrush turbos that end at the axle. so i dont have any factoy pipe left to make fit and i wouldnt care anyway. it was a super quick budgtet fix at the time but that was 5-6 years ago and the cheap pipe is rusted. and clamps are starting to leak. dad said when he bought th car in 96 there was a manifold leak that was never attended to also.. but i never noticed it. so when i do the exhaust im going to address that and since i have them off might as well upgrade a teeny bit, again not a big deal because the manifold flanges are pretty wasted. ANYWAY, plan is, shorty headers. set of 2 1/4 collectors and have some pipe bent at my local shop, to custom fit it in there around the linkanges then reusing the turbos and a pair of turn downs.

Comment

I have a set that will need new studs put on them. But I'd sell them for 35$ plus whatever the shipping may be.

Finding me via the facebook page or Tom(GrandMarqGT) is the best way to get ahold of me. I don't come around here much anymore.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                  X