Saved from the Demo Derby: 1990 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    That's pretty good. Might as well ride with it for a while and see how it does.
    Sounds like a plan although 20/32 psi is somewhat low. Still, if you are getting good temps I'd leave it be and simply keep an eye on it. Congrats on getting it working!!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Finally did the 3G upgrade. I didn't want this one to burn up.
      Used a donor harness and a junkyard donor 3G harness to make it look close to factory installed. 3G harness came from a 2004ish Ford Freestar. Easy to pick in the yard. Charge cable is the exact right length. I shortened the battery cable and used it also. This one has the fusible link made into it, so no fuse needed.
      Attached Files
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Oh yeah and check out that 2009 battery still rocking it.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Extra points for keeping it looking factory. You may be able to eliminate the factory charge wiring entirely. It would be a bit of work since Ford took the long way around, but may be worth it for simplicity's sake.
          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Updates on A/C: ice cold.

Have a vacuum leak somewhere that gives the default to defrost symptom when going up a hill. Decided to start troubleshooting that while waiting for the rear brake hose to come in. Started at the vacuum canister and found it didn't hold vacuum very well. Took it off and it leaked at one of the mounting points. Wiggled that stud a little and it came loose, with some broken plastic up in the reservoir. Got the broken bits out and giving JB Weld a go at patching it up to at least see if that helps my vacuum issues. Hoping that's the only one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5828.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1396410

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              Updates on A/C: ice cold.

Have a vacuum leak somewhere that gives the default to defrost symptom when going up a hill. Decided to start troubleshooting that while waiting for the rear brake hose to come in. Started at the vacuum canister and found it didn't hold vacuum very well. Took it off and it leaked at one of the mounting points. Wiggled that stud a little and it came loose, with some broken plastic up in the reservoir. Got the broken bits out and giving JB Weld a go at patching it up to at least see if that helps my vacuum issues. Hoping that's the only one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5828.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1396410
              Hopefully, that is the only leak point. If not I'd check all the vac lines, in the system and the check valve.

Comment

If the symptoms continue... the check valve may be leaking as well. Motorcraft YG337

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If the symptoms continue... the check valve may be leaking as well. Motorcraft YG337
                  Thanks. I had saved that number from an earlier post in another thread you made.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Got like 4 of them for spares. I have seen older OEM ones go bad in a very short period of time so holding on to the ones I have since one never knows when they will become "extinct"! Same deal with my tripminders.

Comment

Vacuum leak fixed. A/C working like a cold breeze, even uphill.

Still waiting on Amazon for that rear brake hose. I'm not a prime member...

CEL flashes at me occasionally depending on throttle position. Pulled the codes tonight. 11 on KOEO and KOER. Had a 53 stored in a memory "TPS circuit has intermittently failed above maximum 4.5 volts."

I installed a new Motorcraft TPS in July 2022. I'm guessing that's what is throwing the code. CEL is flashes randomly when off the throttle. Hard to believe that's when it's giving over 4.5 volts. Runs flawlessly. The TPS is under warranty a few more months, but it's RockAuto so I think I have to pay to send it back.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                      X