Saved from the Demo Derby: 1990 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    If your wife hates it now. Just polish it out. Paint with washable paint " I LOVE YOU" on the side window in her favorite color. Bring her a dozen of flowers and arrange them for her. It will put her in a better mood.
    Have you tried this in the past?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Have you tried this in the past?
      I have done this and other things. A person has to be creative to smooth over irritations. It works

Comment

I hope I'm not stealing your thread - but did box sedans of this era come equipped with a rear sway bar? Like the non-police versions - Grand Marquis LS, LTD Crown Victoria, etc.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
          I hope I'm not stealing your thread - but did box sedans of this era come equipped with a rear sway bar? Like the non-police versions - Grand Marquis LS, LTD Crown Victoria, etc.
          Only with the towing package, usually.
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

i was lucky enough to score an 88 CV PI in my local yard. pulled sway pars with a 3/8 ratchet and an old floor mat to cover the mud.... i was desperate to get those lol. also scored the oil cooler, shouldve got the brackets off the 351 under the hood... kick myself everytime i think about it.

anywho, i too have an oddball swaybar story. my base model 82 Merc, mines not even a Grand, no towing package, no options, even got the girl 4.2 motor.. but oddly enough had the little rear sway equipped. anybody know if they were an option all to themselves?
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
              i was lucky enough to score an 88 CV PI in my local yard. pulled sway pars with a 3/8 ratchet and an old floor mat to cover the mud.... i was desperate to get those lol. also scored the oil cooler, shouldve got the brackets off the 351 under the hood... kick myself everytime i think about it.

anywho, i too have an oddball swaybar story. my base model 82 Merc, mines not even a Grand, no towing package, no options, even got the girl 4.2 motor.. but oddly enough had the little rear sway equipped. anybody know if they were an option all to themselves?
              Came as the handling suspension package. Not available by itself unless dealer installed. My ordering book might have more details. Pm me for more info if needed.

Comment

thats interesting, was that the only part of the "handling package" or was there slightly stiffer shocks and coils or what. naturally when i bought the car the shocks were already replaced, so i wouldnt know.
                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

My '90 lx has a rear sway bar but nothing else I'd consider part of a tow or handling package, save maybe the wheels. I have a 3.08 open rear and it had single exhaust. These cars are weird...

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                    thats interesting, was that the only part of the "handling package" or was there slightly stiffer shocks and coils or what. naturally when i bought the car the shocks were already replaced, so i wouldnt know.
                    I would have to check the order book, however I remember it came with HD shocks and slightly better coil springs

Comment

Got time to pull the tank today. Now I smell lovely. I think I'll keep some of this old gas as after shave... Not.

Haven't had the chance to pull the pump or sending unit yet to inspect. Here's a pic from the filler neck hole:

And the outside - big difference.

Debating $60 on tank sealer or $110 on a new tank. Doubt we will be able to get new tanks that much longer.

Double debating a quick wash out, fuel pump check, and temporarily buttoning this thing back up to see if she'll even run.

Got the wheel covers loose . Cut a slot in the lock with a grinder and used a screwdriver. Worked better than expected.

Meanwhile I got the snow thrower tuned up and ready to rock for snowmageddon. 18-24 inches here.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

New tank, don't even waste your time trying to clean that one.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Holy crap! I'm glad that when dad and I dropped the tank on my '91, the first week I had it, we found that it was nice and clean even after sitting for 6 years.
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Man, wish we could get that kind of snow here. Could test out my new trac lok and snow tires!
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                              New tank, don't even waste your time trying to clean that one.
                              I agree 100%. Ben when I got my tudor Scott had put a new tank in it for Tom's build. It had a little bit of junk in it, but was not anywhere near as bad as that. I still had issues with plugging fuel filters. I'd go for a new tank, probably blow some brake cleaner through the lines, new filter, and then try it. I'd also probably pull the fuel rails and do the injector o rings, but you could wait on that till after you confirm it runs.

Have you turned the engine over?
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Engine turns. PO tried to start it at some point. He never got it to run but there's a little of that old gas smell in the cylinders. The old gas is barely flammable! I'm certainly going to flush the lines. May pull the easy fuel rail and check it out. If it's bad I will pull both and flush.

New tank is my vote too. Going to extract the pump and sending unit today if I can get to the garage.

Fwiw the gauge was wrong, had about three gallons. That's good since I didn't have gallons of it pouring out while taking out the tank. The bad is that the sender is probably toast.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X