No announcement yet.

Saved from the Demo Derby: 1990 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV cable was not attached to transmission. Guess that's what the PO meant when he said he disconnected the shift lever to move it. Hmmm. Well anyway, trans shifts great now! Quick and positive. All four gears with good up/downshifts.

Blower motor is getting 12v so must be seized.

All windows work except passenger. First time I was brave enough to try.

Wagonman has a window and gasket he'll be sending my way as soon as I send him a money order.

I still don't have time for this thing, so I'll gladly sell it to a nice home. If any of you are interested at any time, please let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1278909Click image for larger version

Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1278910Click image for larger version

Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	1278911
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I'm forever interested... but I'm looking for a steelside (non woody) long roof with the rear seats, with an HO/sploder swap w/MAF... preferred with 3.55L rear, but I can just swap over from one of my current cars when needed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        I'm forever interested... but I'm looking for a steelside (non woody) long roof
        I'll sell you a nice rust free one for $500. Some assembly required.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          I still don't have time for this thing, so I'll gladly sell it to a nice home. If any of you are interested at any time, please let me know.
          I wish I had a good home for it. Unfortunately I would most likely end up driving it into the ground like every car I've ever owned, including my current '91 MGM.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            I'll sell you a nice rust free one for $500. Some assembly required.
            distance is an issue... though I would probably want to let Ivan beef up the tailgate hinges no matter what I got.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Finally put the rear door stationary window in, and the window trim around it that was missing.

Now time to build a lean to behind my garage to keep it in. The rubber on this car is good - dew wipers, weatherstripps, etc. Want it to stay that way.

Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1279162

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1279163

Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1279164

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Your kid (or someone's kid) does not look impressed.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

He's mine - training him early.

Well all was well.... I just busted the DOOR glass. Guess I tightened the glass to glass bracket bolts too much. I knew they were supposed to be loose. Didn't think I had them tight.

WagonMan save me...

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I thought I heard someone scream off in the distance! Glass and track are boxed up ready to ship!!! WagonMan
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park
                    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Hate it when that happens. Thankfully, that's never happened to me. Those bolts should be snug, but not tight. There should also be washers and plastic spacers as well. There should be no metal in contact with the glass. Though it sounds like WagonMan is getting you the hookup on a good assembly you can just drop in.

Comment

Sounds like a great project!
                        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Bummer luck! Done that too. Tightened bolts too much, and then the glass shattered. Driver window. Oops.

At least you got the stationary window replaced.
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

WaganMan supplied the new window, and it's now installed! Glad to have all ten windows again, installed and not broken.

WagonMan told me that he takes the windows out without removing the glass to glass bracket. I figured it was worth a try to install it that way, and it does work. It's difficult to explain. The lower window trim and dew wipe have to come off, as well as the front window channel guide and weatherstrip in the door. Then the window glass and divider bar go down in the door, tilted backward to slide the glass bracket to the plastic window track thing. Then you can tilt it forward after raising the window a bit, and get the small stationary glass in. Then basically the window goes up and you work the divider bar into the stationary window weatherstrip. Need a pic? Too bad... I was intent on getting this glass in without breaking it and didn't take my hands off it until I was done. Don't have a pic installed either. It looks like an installed window.

Went to Charlotte AutoFair yesterday. Got a NOS set of rear floormats for a 79-? Panthers thrown in on a $20 hubcap deal on for my '74 F250. They are red. Needed one for this car, and I think the color is close enough to the original to work. The '88 mats are too dark. Pic shows new 79/90/88

Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	1279943

Also saw a familiar looking H-pipe. '91 Lincoln PN. It looked close enough so I paid $10 (asking $15) to try my luck. Got under the car today, and by golly I think it will fit fine. Looks a hair longer than my '88 setup, but I can trim that. Or just not have mufflers. And it's shiny stainless.

Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	1279945

Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1279944

Also while there I saw a semi decent 2-door on the road, and two wagons for sale. Average wagons - about the same shape as this one with ~100k miles, both were colony parks. $3 grand each but unsold.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I went to the fair too! Was there yesterday though. I saw the wagons in question. Not $3,000 - also noted quite a lot of wagons there! Country Squires; old GM wagons, etc. Congrats on those awesome deals.
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                              03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                                I went to the fair too! Was there yesterday though. I saw the wagons in question. Not $3,000 - also noted quite a lot of wagons there! Country Squires; old GM wagons, etc. Congrats on those awesome deals.
                                Wagons were hot for sure. That's a good sign for us! There used to be some sellers in the blue field that drove a Panther wagon but didn't see them this year.

The floormat guy had piles of NOS parts, mostly bearings and little stuff he'll never sell. He did have a b-pillar light for box crown Vic's. I *think* they are EL, not like the GM and TC cars. Probably should have got that. Probably could have got it for $5 or less. We were selling in the orange field - had the '66 F100 with a coffee can on the trailer hitch as a honor system cash register.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                                X