No announcement yet.

Saved from the Demo Derby: 1990 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT WAS YOU!?! Aw man I wish I knew!!! Are you going in the fall again or just spring only?
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Probably just spring.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Does the rear door open at all? Just curious. I have no money, or I'd come buy it. Sounds like a decent ride, and a good one to keep on the road. I'm near Myrtle Beach, so not worlds apart.
        Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
        Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Yup tailgate opens now. The power lock actuator has seen better days (the front doors are bad too).

If you find some money and decide you need a wagon, let me know. I have too much junk and not enough time to make it nice. And I don't like junky junk!

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post

If you find some money and decide you need a wagon, let me know. I have too much junk and not enough time to make it nice. And I don't like junky junk!
            Well, I do need a wagon (okay, NEED might not be the right word, but WANT definitely qualifies!). I am currently without funds, however. If somebody comes alng with money between now and the end of Summer, I hope they buy a great wagon from you. However, if it is still there by that time, maybe even a hair sooner, I will make arrangements to purchase it. I passed on one locally to buy my wife a car more to her liking, and even though her car is great, I would have liked to have bought the one here. I am NOT asking you hold it, I'm asking you to keep with whatever your plans are, but if it happens to still be sitting around looking for a new home then, I am interested.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Sent you a PM Tiggie.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Cleaned up this thing again for the POTM Pics. Had to fix something while it was out from its hiding place behind my garage.

Had a rain water leak at the rear window coming in under the metal trim that helps hold the headliner up. A little work with the water hose showed that it was not the roof rack, or side windows, or tailgate window itself, but something with the moulding around the top of the window.

Had to disturb the tailgate window seal. Had to take it out actually - nerve racking since this one is fair and irreplaceable. Got it out safety. Removed the metal trim that the weatherstrip sits in. On the body side of the trim was the problem area - shrunken high density foam. A trip to the home improvement store and bam no more leaks. From that area anyway. The tailgate window seal itself leaks now - my '88 used to do the same thing (it self healed). But that's another story for another day.

And FYI the foam is white but you can't see it when installed anyway (if you do it right). The original foam was 1in by 1/2in from what I can tell. The store only had 1.25x7/16, but it worked with a little cutting.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1280162

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	1280163

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1280164

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	1280165

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1280166

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1280167

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1280168

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1280169

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1280170

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1280171

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Couldn't resist taking a pic of old reliable red 88. Haven't taken a picture of it in probably seven years. Just been driving the wheels off it. And knocking the header panel out if it by being stupid in my driveway. Goodbye 91 clears hello 88 ambers.

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1280172

Oh yeah this 90 is very different to drive. Quiet - who knows what gear it's in? And smooth. And power windows are nice.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Both wagons look great.

Nice fix for the leaks.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The red car looks very nice too. I remember you saying it has wavy sides but it looks very nice in the picture.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Hey Tiggie, I'm posting this public instead of through PM so that everyone here will know that this screw-up in 100% on my end. You and I have talked, and you know I was/am interested in this woodwagon. My plans were to have it by mid July if everything went right. Part of everything going right included that my wife was going to be working full-time, plus overtime, at a job she recently took. It was a line of work she had a few years of experience in, nothing she couldn't do. Well, her boss is a giant douche and let her go without so much as a warning. I think the issue was more than just my wife as an individual though, because the boss essentially fired my wife's whole department.

That being said, I need to release you from your promise to hold the wagon for me. Please make it available to whoever is interested. I can only assure you that my intentions to buy it were real, and I was making plans in good faith. However, also in good faith, I can't keep that info to myself and therefore rob you of the opportunity to find another buyer. If some miracle occurs, I will let you know. Otherwise, somebody is gonna get a real nice wagon from you.

Thank you for being a friend, and being so willing to help me out.

Wes AKA Chuck Norris

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Wes - This is sad news! Let me know if something changes.

For anyone else interested, outside of tires it can be your running and driving Country Squire for ~$1200. I'll replace the hoses and fix the rear brakes and shocks at that price. That's no profit for me - free labor!

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

If you didn't live so damn far... I'd be over next month picking this up from you. I want a wagon so bad to replace my beater.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Fixed the HVAC controls today. Temp Lever was loose and broken but some JB weld and a file made it work nicely again. Of course I took no pics.

The blend door was stuck - which is probably what broke the lever. Got the door moving using some force on the cable. It was just stuck. Slides nicely now. Guess things like that stick when a car sits for ten years or so.

Also the fan motor won't budge. Guess that's next on the list. Maybe some odometer gears too. And i need to investigate those rear brakes. More to come but not this week.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Awesome wagon! It's looks clean. Glad saved from derby!
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Working...
                                X