No announcement yet.

Smog pump (?) Locked up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

, wish I could just shitcan my smog pump. Why does California have to suck so bad? Glad to hear you've located and eliminated the problem. Burnouts are a solid plus too!

Comment

If you're going to leave the smog pump on there for a while and run a smaller belt.
      You'll need to remove the smog pump pulley, the new shorter belt will rub on it if you don't.

Comment

run the belt over the pulley instead of under the pulley. Works fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Anyone know the best way to get the belt on? Can't get it over the a/c clutch

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
          2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
          54,xxx miles. New daily driver
          2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
          rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
          114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
          1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
          Dead and sold.

Comment

Did you loosen the tensioner and swing it out of the way first? The bolt comes in from the back side.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I loosened the bolt on the far left of the tensioner and it won't budge...is there another one I'm missing?

Dead and sold.

Comment

yes... reach around the BACK of the mounting plate. There's a bolt on the BACK. The bolt you loosened was the pivot bolt, not the bolt that actually holds the thing in place. 14mm IIRC too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Thanks! I actually found it earlier. I actually had to loosen the bolt behind the tensioner AND remove the pivot bolt to get the belt to go on, but it worked and once it went on it had alot more slack. I was surprised I was able to adjust that and the alternator the first time without it squeeling. Never been able to do that before. But anyhow, thanks for the help yall! It's good to know that even though I don't have a panther anymore, I can still get help when I'm working on my brother's.

Dead and sold.

Comment

Comment

That whole setup is such a whore! When I do my engine swap I'm going to HO accessories, so much easier.

Comment

Ditch the smoooooog

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Working...
                        X