ScottFest 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      And then we show up and remember just how slow our cars truly are There is always the hope of someone running an 80s GM box just so we can feel fast.
      Or a v6 camaro lol

Comment

Those aren't quite so awful, if they were the TPI 2.8 anyway. The Iron Duke doorstop though? Those were horrid.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Remember cell signal isn't the greatest at scottfest. I mean, you can count on 1 bar if you're outside, otherwise, forget it. At least that's how it was 2 years ago.
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I had 3 bars on AT&T up there (outside) and 2 bars on Sprint (Virgin) - both on a 5-scale and good enough for data - so it's not a total wash for cell service.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I think someone may have put up another tower. It used to be worse. You aren't in the land of high speed data transfer, but on the flip side did anyone look up at night? Get away from that data bullshit and the sky really is turned on. Personally I'll take the sky.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you have AT&T or boost/sprint you're ok. Not sure about verizon. A few years ago I was lucky to get 1 bar for my AT&T phone, but they've upgraded the tower since then.

Comment

at&t works excellent here.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Verizon is hit or miss, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'm really hoping I can work something out to come up for the fun. I've been burning through my sick time...Sarah's grandmother passed away last month and it looks like my grandfather may not be around much longer. I used to get bereavement leave but since I stepped into the office that no longer applies. So pending how I can manipulate things, I may have to miss out. Too early to tell as of now...

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Sorry to hear about the grandparents, I think we all understand that family stuff comes first

Comment

Sorry to hear about the grand parents Scott. I'll be up there as always been 10 years since I've been going

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Sorry about that one Scott.

Folks, Drag racing at Numedia is ON for Friday evening. It's a street legal drags and Quick8 tonight.
                          Dyno day will then be scheduled for Saturday morning-ish. but not too early.
                          I will put dyno shops on my to-do list today.
                          I should have a shop booked by the end of the week, if not today.

-ryan s.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

John, get used to seeing this:

-ryan s.
                            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                            Originally posted by pantera77
                            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                              John, get used to seeing this:

-ryan s.
                              Complete with a tow truck bed underneath it...

Comment

So want to make it this year, but the cake needs some lovin. Needs a driveshaft before I attempt any more real shenanigans with it again. The balancer on the yoke is starting to squeeze out and is all dry rotted. I can't seem to find anyone that makes a yoke for the AODE. bastards. Probably just going to go to the performance drive shaft shop over in Arlington and get a whole high speed balanced kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X