ScottFest 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

41 is bank 1, passenger side.

Just for yucks, was there any confirmation that the left was left and the right was right? If that gets switched up it can do stupid things. Would kinda half figure one side would be always lean and the other always rich tho.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      41 is bank 1, passenger side.

Just for yucks, was there any confirmation that the left was left and the right was right? If that gets switched up it can do stupid things. Would kinda half figure one side would be always lean and the other always rich tho.
      True. But in this case it would be impossible. The O2 harness is apparently integrated into the main harness of the vehicle...

As for the O2 sensor extending, I've found the solution... 1995 Taurus sensors. They're 4 wire, which means they need an extra ground. And they're the longest wired o2 sensors I've seen. Even compared to mark viis.

Comment

integrated into the harness? As in the connectors are broken out in such a way as to make it not really possible to switch? I've not worked on something as new as a '91 so I'm not familiar with how the wiring lays on those. Older ones it was real easy to do.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No, as in the connector for the passenger-side sensor is up there on the inner fender by the A/C accumulator/drier. Which I'm not sure if that's actually the correct connector, thing with Ford is you can plug any male half into any female as long as the color of the connector and the number of pins match. O2 sensors on this car use black 4-wire connectors, thus if extended enough they can plug even into the connector for the key-on trigger wire for the alternator way up front by the air filter box. Oddly enough there is a loose 4-wire black connector in the transmission harness, for all I know this is where the O2 sensor actually needs to be plugged in - may actually be worth a shot at this point, said connector is fairly easy to reach on this particular car.

I'll have a chance to look at a mostly factory '91 soon, when that happens I can check how its O2 sensors are wired up. Dunno when exactly that will be tho...
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Ah, thats the problem then. The 91 sensors are 3 wire, signal, 2 heaters, and ground/sigrtn through the exhaust pipe itself. Later 4 wire sensors use a dedicated signal ground wire that must be attached to that orange wire that bolts to the back of the intake. Apparently the plugs are the same, but the older sensors simply don't have one of the pins in the connector. Later sensor plugs in, but there isn't anyplace for that wire to go.

Comment

Actually those are 3-wire sensors, and the connectors have 3 wires in them as well. By 4-wire I meant that's the max the connector is capable of, plenty of that type have less than 4, hell the alt trigger only has 1 wire with the other 3 holes empty.
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

What was the outcome of John S. and his Lincoln? Last I heard were it throwing overly rich codes on one bank.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  What was the outcome of John S. and his Lincoln? Last I heard were it throwing overly rich codes on one bank.
                  Put a fuel pump in and now it has rich both banks haha. But the WOT breaking up has gone away.

Comment

This was just a basic explorer HO conversion, right? Any idea why things are so rich?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      This was just a basic explorer HO conversion, right? Any idea why things are so rich?
                      MAF sensor not playing nice with the stock tune of that ECU would be my guess. It's a remanned A9P allegedly. Maybe it's actually some California bs.

Comment

Since it won't run for dick without a known vacuum leak, I'll go with MAF brain dead factor. Shame I didn't bring the stock 92 GMQ MAF with me. That actually worked pretty decent with the stock ECM. Not a clue what it's transfer function was, but it never gave me any shit. It is a weenie little thing though, probably 50mm bore through the middle of it.

Comment

No pictures? Did nobody take a shit-ton of pictures?

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I got a few pics at the drag strip, and video of the runs, but it blurs out on at least one of the fuckers when I was shooting downstrip to the display boards. I will have to get them up. I didn't take a few high quality photos of everybody's cars like I did the last time, sorry.

I will try to transfer and upload them probably tomorrow if I have time.
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I don't do pictures. Its a waste of everyone's time, including my own. Google for "blurry car pics" and lets just pretend the ones that don't look cool are what I took.

Comment

Working...
                              X