Grand Marquis from Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Marquis from Mexico

Hello, my name is Rodolfo, I live in northern Mexico, and I am the owner of a Grand LS Marquis 2001 I have 2 weeks with the car and I like that it was in good condition, I just need a little routine maintenance and I'm working with some code problems. In Mexico, the Grand Marquis is sold as a Ford, but has the Mercury logo on the wheels and front bumper.

I have some photos of my car

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice. ooo... HPP wheels. Those really look good on these cars.

And Welcome.

Also, because of all the advertisements for "Avacados from Mexico" that we get on this side of the boarder... I read the thread title with that tune.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The shipping company guy who delivered the new wagon yesterday told me that there are a lot of Grand Marquis sedans and Wagons for sell down at the border towns in the US and Mexico
      90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
      90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
      91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
      70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

It has the performance package options very nice.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

¡Hola!

Is that also called the Ford Conquistador, or was the Conquistador just the older (box) cars?
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

A real FGMQ.

-ryan s.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              Nice. ooo... HPP wheels. Those really look good on these cars.

And Welcome.

Also, because of all the advertisements for "Avacados from Mexico" that we get on this side of the boarder... I read the thread title with that tune.

hehe, I had not seen that commercial. Avocados are very tasty and here in Mexico are very cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                A real FGMQ.
                This is all I could think of.

Looks like a nice clean HPP.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yes, you can find a lot of Grand Marquis, Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car's, but sometimes they are badly damaged or neglected.

I had a couple of months looking for a Marquis or Crown Victoria, because I have a problem in my knee, I have 38 years and my height is 6´1"

A few years ago I had a 1991 Crown Victoria and look for one like that but I did not find, Until I found this Marquis and change by Nissan 2 doors had (200SX)
                  Previously i was owner of ford brand cars (Maverick, Mustang, F150, Crown Victoria) and I really liked the marquis equipment.

Only lacked routine maintenance and engine failure having I'm reviewing.

As i remember it was called Ford Conquistador "Conqueror" in South America, i don't remember if was in Venezuela or Argentina.
                  But in Mexico always was called Grand Marquis.

I leave a picture of the Crown Victoria that i was the owner, back in 2009

Comment

That '91 is sweet! Looks to be fully loaded too. Love how clean the cars are out west / down south / below the border.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Where's Regis?

Welcome!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by rodo77 View Post
                        As i remember it was called Ford Conquistador "Conqueror" in South America, i don't remember if was in Venezuela or Argentina.
                        But in Mexico always was called Grand Marquis.
                        Venezuela. We had a discussion about this a couple years ago. Within that discussion I came across some information that suggested that the Ford Conquistador might also be in Mexico, so it's good to know that this is not true. A big part of the discussion was about the possibility of a V6 being used in the Ford Conquistador in Venezuela, but the conclusion we came to is that we think the Ford Conquistador name was used for other smaller Ford cars that might have had a V6. A link to that discussion: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ight=Venezuela.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome! Looks clean.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                            Venezuela. We had a discussion about this a couple years ago. Within that discussion I came across some information that suggested that the Ford Conquistador might also be in Mexico, so it's good to know that this is not true. A big part of the discussion was about the possibility of a V6 being used in the Ford Conquistador in Venezuela, but the conclusion we came to is that we think the Ford Conquistador name was used for other smaller Ford cars that might have had a V6. A link to that discussion: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ight=Venezuela.

Confirmed in mexico the car as "Conquistador" never sold, I have not been in Venezuela, I do not know the type of engine or equipment that brings, but the pictures of the previous post is much like a Grand Marquis
                            But here there are many more cars Grand Marquis that cars Crown Victoria as the Grand Marquis for sale since the late seventies and stop sell up to 2007 I think.
                            The Crown Victorias that are in mexico were imported in recent times.
                            The Mercury Marauder is not sold here, the few that there were also imported.

Comment

Welcome!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X