Keyless entry and remote on a 2000 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyless entry and remote on a 2000 MGM

So my 2000 Marquis has the keypad for entry but when I bought it there was no remote key fob. Did they all have a key fob or is that an extra option?
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Keyless was an option. And keyfobs changed around 1998/99 if you are yard hopping. So stick to something from 99-2002. Find some correct part numbers for 2000 and visit a yard, find out if they have a bucket of fobs. (the yard I goto has a few bucket of fobs, litterally, a ford bucket, an imort bucket, a gm bucket behind the counter.

Alex.

Comment

Is there a way to know if mine had the option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

If you have the keypad... and it works... you should be able to get a keyfob to work with it. Look for the 4 button fob. Should have the blue trunk button bottom right and panic bottom left. My 2000 has a 98 part number FOB (ORIGINAL) and a 2003 part number spare. Got mine off ebay for like $15. look around and be patient.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Great. Thanks.

2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Key fob on it's way...
            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Once you get it... you'll need to know how to program it.

Programming —Transmitter
              NOTE: Keyless entry remote transmitters can also be programmed using a scan tool and the Ford Service Function (FSF) card.

Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN four times within three seconds. The locks will then lock and unlock, confirming program mode has been entered.
              NOTE: When the first remote transmitter is programmed, all other remote transmitters are erased.

Press any button on each transmitter to be programmed. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.
              If additional remote transmitters are to be programmed, repeat Step 2 within 7.5 seconds or steps 1 and 2 if more than 7.5 seconds have elapsed.
              To exit program mode, turn the ignition to START or wait 7.5 seconds.
              NOTE: Failure to wait at least 20 seconds will cause programming failures.

Wait at least 20 seconds after turning the key to OFF or after the last remote transmitter has been programmed to activate a remote transmitter for testing or verification.

Programming —Autolock and Horn Chirp
              NOTE: This procedure must be completed within 30 seconds.

Turn the ignition switch to RUN.
              Press the UNLOCK button three times.
              Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
              Press the UNLOCK button three times.
              Turn the ignition switch to RUN. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm entry into program mode.
              Press the UNLOCK button once to toggle the Autolock feature on or off, or twice to toggle the Horn Chirp function on or off. The horn will chirp to confirm toggling of the Autolock feature.
              Exit program mode by turning the ignition to OFF, START, or wait 7.5 seconds.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yea. It worked. Thanks.

2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Comment

I just got this car and it has a number pad on drivers door and the numbers are handwritten in the manual. That works great. But car came to me fob-less. If I get a fob, should I be able to program it to the car? Does presence of number pad mean keyless fob system is already in the car?
                    "In an insane society a sane man would appear insane." --Spock to Kirk
                    2008 GM LS in Smokestone Metallic

Comment

here is 2 examples of different extremes. You may want to buy new oem ford stuff as opposed to the cheaper junk but these should work. Plenty of all types and conditions out there. There is a FCC ID # on the back of the transmitter. If I dig up my original fobs for the Lincoln I will post the ID but someone with them on their keyring might just post in. As posted earlier in this thread junk yards may have piles of them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pieces-Key...8AAOSwiJZcDtzK

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-OEM-Re...temCondition=3
                      Last edited by jaywish; 03-05-2019, 05:32 PM.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

If the keyless entry keypad is there... you should have the ability to program a fob.

Comment

I did get a free 3 button fomoco fob today from guy who sold me the car two weeks ago. I tried the procedure on here calling for four turn on cycles but car never entered program mode. Search on bing said do it 8 times, not 4 so I did and YAY it did go into program mode and fob button did trigger lock unlock cycle and all seems well. THank you.
                          "In an insane society a sane man would appear insane." --Spock to Kirk
                          2008 GM LS in Smokestone Metallic

Comment

Working...
                          X