Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie, LTD 1985 Crown Victoria fun things

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, and bought this 85' last year. Mint Condition black hardtop with tan interior. Eventually want to throw a 408 stroker in it but I have a few mods that I can do - at least for now. Looking forward to all the good knowledge on this website.

It has a 302, and I will put some gt40p heads (which I will mildly port) on it along with a summit brand stealth (port matcing). Keeping the stock cam and also installing a summit annular 600cfm VS. It has factory 2" dual exhaust and soon to be 4.10 LSD installed although it was already 3.55 from the factory (but open). Has AOD (obviously) and I plan to install an electric fan because it is currently a fixed fan - not even clutch/thermal mechanical! Mint tan interior. It is a canadian model and the older fellow that had it always kept it in his garage, and then he freshly painted it before it sold.

And tint. Must tint cuzz no a/c.

Should be a fun little thing for now! Picture in the sig.

Cheers,

Gerhard
    Last edited by magnus77; 02-24-2016, 01:51 AM.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Welcome! Car is lookin' good and sounds like you've got some good stuff planned for it. We'll be along for the ride!

Comment

Car looks sweet, like an old po-lice cruiser. I dig the dog dish hubcaps.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome. Nice ride!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's one slick, black, panther-ac! Did she come without A/C, bodyside stripes, and vinyl top from the factory? If so, it's likely a super stripper "S" model (those often came without A/C, or power windows/locks/seats) or a fleet car. Factory no A/C AND no vinyl top cars were pretty rare otherwise- had to custom order and delete those options. You've got an excellent base for hot rod- I'm looking forward to seeing how she comes out!
          '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
          '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
          '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Welcome! neat combo. Whereabouts in Canada are you located?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Looks slick!
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                That's one slick, black, panther-ac! Did she come without A/C, bodyside stripes, and vinyl top from the factory? If so, it's likely a super stripper "S" model (those often came without A/C, or power windows/locks/seats) or a fleet car. Factory no A/C AND no vinyl top cars were pretty rare otherwise- had to custom order and delete those options. You've got an excellent base for hot rod- I'm looking forward to seeing how she comes out!
                No A/C from factory or power anything, factory hard top. Not sure about the bodyside stripes because the guy I bought it from could of had them removed and not re-installed when he got it painted. Manual seats too. Literally as basic as it gets haha.

Also homebase in Northern Ontario (3 season car) and currently in/out of waterloo.
                Last edited by magnus77; 02-25-2016, 06:08 PM.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Welcome!

You may be the only active member that I know of who has a factory no A/C car. And what a nice looking car too.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

yeah a no AC car is a total unicorn.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

I want to see pics of the no a/c under the hood just to satisfy my curiosity!
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        Sure, I'll take a pic soon. The dash controls also do not have the A/C turn on option - only has hot to warm to moderately cool as options hahaha.

Comment

Welcome! There's lots of info on here. Have fun reading
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0482.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1278984Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0483.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1278985Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0484.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1278986Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0485.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1278987Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0486.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1278988

Here ya go, along with an interior pic of the heating controls to prove it.

Comment

neat! it's so weird seeing the A/C just sorta not there underhood.

Comment

Working...
                              X