PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My '05 MGM

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    My experience has been that the manifold to head studs/bolts are no problem to get off. Manifold to downpipe/cat studs are the real pain, but at least can be dealt with on a bench.

Edit: I'm talking about box exhaust, not sure how/if whale exhaust behaves any different.
    I didn't have any problems getting the lopo exhaust bolts out. The only other vehicle that was easier was my Malibu; but I suspected that its 305 had been replaced prior to me getting that car.

I have the driver side tailpipe mocked up for the most part. I got a bunch of 45 and 90 bends; but I discovered that I need 30 and 60 bends as well. I will order those along with the hose ends. For the driver side, it looks like I need 4 x 90 to go over the rear axle, one 60 bend, one 45 bend, and a 30 bend to pitch it to the rear bumper. We'll see when those parts come in.

I received those bends and laid them out. The piping is now very close to the stock tailpipe; just needs to be cut down to fit on a couple of the straight sections. I'm gonna leave it a little long until the time comes to put everything up. Then I will cut and trim as needed; but the basic routing is done. Now I need to do the same to the passenger side.

Not much going on here. Over the weekend, whilst clearing out the basement, I found the heat shield I got from the junkyard some years back. Cleaned and painted it. I think when an engine isn't too rusty and greased up, it's treated a little better at the shop; unless I go crazy and start putting on hot pink paint or something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1412.JPEG 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	55585 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1413.JPEG 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	55586 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1414.JPEG 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	55587

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234