ID:	1289824 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1289824IMG_1623.MOV

Comment

I like the new sway bar and mounts.

Comment

I spent yesterday afternoon installing the e-brake shoes; and adjusting them. My old method was adjusting them all the way in, jacking the rear of the vehicle up, and slowly adjusting them until there is resistance. When I put the wheels back on and spun them; they were very tight; and that was before messing with the e-brake. Long story short; the few times I have messed with drum brakes and e-brakes; I had been doing it in PARK. The mechanic in my town said I needed to put it in neutral as there will be resistance in PARK. So I have been doind this wrong for a long time. Also, when I went for a test spin this morning, the brakes are tight and the EBC rotors and pads are very grabby. As such; when I put it in DRIVE and let go of the brake, it barely moves. I drove it to work and I can hear a slight dragging from the brakes. I'm going to guess that is part of the bedding process.

And my sway bar is hitting the wheel or something when I make a sharp turn. I will have to look at that on the weekend.

Comment

Also more pics.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1369.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1289828 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1289827 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1368.jpg
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1289829
          Last edited by packman; 11-30-2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Those EBC brakes that I installed on the Grand Marquis paid for themselves last night. On my way home from work; the cars in my lane slammed on their brakes to avoid somebody's bumper. Since both lanes to either side of me were moving I initially tapped on the brakes; then I realized that they weren't just brake checking; and I put a good amount of pressure on the brake pedal. Came to a stop about 10ft away from the Jeep's rear bumper in front of me. Had this been the SP Performance brakes I had on there previously; I would have rear ended that Jeep. When I complete the GT500 rotor/C5 caliper upgrade for the Crown Vic; I will look into doing the same for the Grand Marquis. Can't have too much brake for these heavy cars.

Comment

I think I discovered the grinding noise problem when I make left turns with this car. I had left the coat hanger attached to the driver side front suspension when I hung the caliper up on that side. Thought I took it down. It was wrapped around the strut spring somehow; so I cut if off. When I left for work this morning; I made a hard left out of the driveway and no more noise Yay!!!111!!!!11111

Comment

gotta love an easy fix. But the realization that you caused the problem may balance that out. DOH! At least it wasn't a damage causing issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

^^^^^^I still would feel better knowing that I caused my own problem. I feel much worse when I have somebody do the work for me and there is a problem afterwards^^^^^^^

Comment

Yeah, having to pay someone else to make mistakes hurts more. I can agree with that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I decided to put the Saleens on this car last weekend. Normally I would change them out in April; but after touching my Blizzaks last Friday after having been out in the sun for a few hours, they were very hot. The shady side of the car was cool to the touch though. Perhaps I should get a temperature probe and see what the temp is after a normal commute. In any event, with the front sway bar fixed; I can now take the GSP exit at 70mph and feel no roll whatsoever.

Comment

Grand Marquis side-marker lense vs '82 Chevy front bumper

Name:	IMG_1679.jpg
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	1290106

Result of me trying to shuffle the vehicles around in the backyard; in the rain; with tires that're clearly NOT for off-road use. When I started moving backwards, I was already rubbing Putter Project a little. I figured it was only a little rubbing. I was wrong. Spent an hour on Saturday fixing that bad bet.

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1290107

Comment

I'm glad I am not the only one who does this unfortunate thing! Still makes you feel like crud.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

This may sound a bit kookoo; but I feel better having done that myself; than I would if somebody did that for me. My Malibu was the recipient of multiple hits in the parking lots; and I was always hot about that. When this happened; I was annoyed with myself; and that's as far as it gets.

Comment

I will attempt to do the full exhaust conversion for this car next week. I originally was going to do this in April; but a family emergency had pushed it back; also, my PTO for May was in 2 weeks; but we rescheduled a contractor; so I bumped that PTO to next week.

As such, I have almost everything I need for this project. I just need to get a 90* air impact ratchet from Harbor Freight or something for the stud extraction. Since I procrastinated with the passenger side tailpipe; I will remove that tomorrow night and assemble the 2.5" version over the weekend (weather pending). Hopefully I won't have too much trouble with this project........

Comment

Spent most of the afternoon figuring out which tools will work with getting at the bottom manifold bolts. I think I have figured it out. I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow. I will attempt the most difficult studs first because if they don't come out; I won't be stuck with a non-running car. Hoping for progress tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X