brass TV bushing dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brass TV bushing dimensions?

Anyone have a brass TV bushing and a set of calipers to get me some dimensions? I need an ID, an OD of the stepped part where it goes into the throttle body, and an overall length if possible. Only vehicle I own that takes one is not anywhere nearby. I'm wondering if they aren't a bog standard bushing that can be had from the likes of McMaster-Carr or a similar sort of place instead of dealing with the dumb looks at the parts counter.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I'll measure one tomorrow for ya. I actually had a 4-pack on order from before X-mas even, but I don't think they ever arrived...
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

If you need one i'll mail it to you. I bought a 4-pack and only have one car so far. Shoot me a PM.

Comment

dont need one, just bored and looking at things on McMaster-Carr. The Mark VII has one, the Towncar doesn't use one. I just don't have the Mark VII here or I'd pull it and measure the thing myself. I have a suspicion they might be an industry standard bushing and clip, and they can be had for small coin from somewhere other than people that sell them as a specialty part.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The clip is definitely industry standard. Was working on something at work and found a number of them holding stuff together.

Alex.

Comment

yeah, I found them by the 100 bag from McMaster. Just need to know what size the post is. I'd be surprised if its not just an off the shelf part. At worst, it might be an off the shelf part that needs to be faced to make the smaller diameter section a CH shorter. If this lathe purchase goes through, I was thinking of things I could make. You don't make it if you can buy it though. Even if I were to find a bushing thats most of the way there, that would be a big time saver vs turning the whole thing from a solid rod.

Comment

If I get home early enough tomorrow i'll dig one out and mic it for ya. They're in the trunk of my car somewhere....

Comment

Shit. You should've said something to me haha. I had one in my tool box.

Comment

Wasn't thinking about it. I forgot you carry your life in the car and own two that take the bushing.

Comment

Has anyone ever measured and established the exact dimensional characteristics of a CH????? Just askin
                    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    yeah, I found them by the 100 bag from McMaster. Just need to know what size the post is. I'd be surprised if its not just an off the shelf part. At worst, it might be an off the shelf part that needs to be faced to make the smaller diameter section a CH shorter. If this lathe purchase goes through, I was thinking of things I could make. You don't make it if you can buy it though. Even if I were to find a bushing thats most of the way there, that would be a big time saver vs turning the whole thing from a solid rod.

Comment

Probably, but there is a spectrum depending on coloration.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/BrianLey.shtml

Comment

Generally an RCH is a little thicker than the rest.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So yeah, all this aside, what does this actually measure?

Comment

Fawk, totally forgot about that!!! Text me in the afternoon and remind me and I'll grab those measurements for you, kinda half-asleep right now so may not be the best idea to mess with them tiny easy-to-lose parts just yet.
                            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

It's all good.......the one thing to be avoided at all costs is a trip to the dentist for a haircut!
                              Originally posted by sly View Post
                              Generally an RCH is a little thicker than the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X