brass TV bushing dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    So yeah, all this aside, what does this actually measure?
    Actually remember to do this today:

- bore (where the pin from the plastic TV cable blocke goes in: 6.41mm, 0.252"
    - OD of the stepped-down section that goes into the TB lever: 10.7mm, 0.422"
    - height/thickness of the stepped-down section for TB lever: 2.93mm, 0.115"
    - OD of the "shoulder" section between cable block and lever: 15.01mm, 0.591"
    - height/thickness of said shoulder section: 2.93mm, 0.115"
    - overal height/thickness of entire bushing: 5.86mm, 0.230"

Took each measurement twice, in both metric and imperial, so 4 times total each. Any mismatch in numbers is due to inaccuracy of calipers, it's just a cheap HF digi unit.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Well, so much for that. Nothing gives me a 1/4" inside shaft with a step that large. Closest is 3/8". but thats 0.375, not really close enough. I was hoping to find a standard off the shelf part as an alternative. I guess it could be turned out of 5/8" brass rod but the time and effort involved isn't worth the couple bucks that just buying one costs.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured the outcome would be. Still, definitely worth the shot.

And I'm still missing the 4-pack of said bushings that I orderd months ago... They were priced quite excellently too, like $10 for all of them. Guess I'll have to get them from some other place, gonna need at least one hopefully next week.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I was sort of amazed that the Mark VII had one when I got it. I later found in the bundle of receipts one for two items: re-manufactured transmission and that bushing, and the complaint was basically that it quit downshifting.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So she died and they replaced it and didn't want the new on to suffer the old one's fate. Good people, whoever they were.

Comment

The Ford dealer it was purchased from originally I believe. It was dealer serviced until not long before I got it, though there were 2 different dealers. By and large they seem to have done decent work. I've seldom had to go back and screw with things they worked on, and when I have I didn't find anything that made my shake my head. Its mostly been the post-dealership era work that has been the problem when it wasn't just old age and wear. The rotors turned undersize with seized calipers when I got it for example. Prime work there.

Comment

Working...
              X